Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

GM, GT new release.

Post by ArtF »

Hello Everyone,

The new version of GM is uploaded, for GM the only change is a fix for Helical gear outter radius
text. For GT, it now works as the new video's show. Note on install.. If you get an error "Cannot run due to incorrect
side by side configuration." your probably running 64 bit OS and dont have the VC runtime installed. Look to the
Gearotic folder and run vcredist_x64.exe. The 32 bit is now included, but 64 bit isnt run automatically as it generates
errors on 32 bit machines. ( I suspect 64 bit machines spit out an error for 32 bit redist installs. )

Ill fix that up but I need to write a program to do that as my installer is now very old. ( It worries about 16 and 32 bit
differences its so old. ).

Other than that the program should run fine. I really do advise watching the video as it contains some important differences to
the way GM runs.  So as I go forward the idea is to one by one eliminate the items GM can do but GT cannot. As to priorities,
my thought is to next do escapements, then noncircular gears, then on from there. If you think a module is more important and
should be done first, please jump in and say so. I will allow you to import GM as of next version but only for people who read
the hidden way to do so. This is because GM projects may have to be fixed up by the user so I want them imported only by those
that understand the issues. Arguably the 4th axis modules shoudl be done next as their the only outout stage not yet done, Im opting
to let them slide till after escapements and non-circulars for technical reasons, but if you feel that 4th should be done next as
a matter of importance to your operations, then say so and If people feel that way I can do 4th next.

Have fun with it,

Art

tmday7
Old Timer

Re: GM, GT new release.

Post by tmday7 »

Hi Art,
Installed fine but i notice when comparing the GUI in your video to my GUI, i have the following buttons grayed out.....
Indicators,Move on Shaft, Move on Gear and some others but cant tell what they are in the video. Attached screen shots.

Is this supposed to be like this?

Thanks,
Troy
Attachments
SelectedProps.jpg
Tools.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Troy:

No, they should work. Im investigating now and will update shortly.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Troy:

Please redownload and try again. See if the About box on the far right top tells you its version 1.02..

Ive tested here and those buttons work on all my computers, but this does worry me a bit as those buttons are
related to a windows bug on the DialogPanes Im using. ( I figured I cam up with a pretty fix..but perhaps it doesnt work on
all machines. Please let me know how you make out.. )

Im expecting bugs as this is really first functional release, but that ones pretty weird.. :) Par for the course I guess.
We'll find out what it is one way or t'other.

Thx
Art
tmday7
Old Timer

Post by tmday7 »

Hi Art,
Downloaded latest Rev and about in GM is 4.9 and GT is V1.0.
I did not uninstall old version first, should I?
Troy
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Troy:

That does sound correct. Redownload and it should then read 1.02 for GT. GM will be the same.
No need to ever uninstall, it will always overwrite itself.

Thx
Art
tmday7
Old Timer

Post by tmday7 »

Art,
This time during install i selected both 64bit and 32bit redistributables. Noticed shortcut icon for GT changed from the 'Arrow over Earth' to a black background GM shortcut icon'. And that the about window shows V1.02 and that its licensed to me, did not show this before.
All buttons in GUI are working now.

Thanks,
Troy
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I'm having some trouble with GT.  I've downloaded twice and installed using 32 bit only, 64 bit only and both.  The program opens fine and the Version is 1.02.
When I go to add anything to the yellow screen I get the following error.
Attachments
gt-error.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

Hmm, thx, Im searching for it now.. This happens only when you press "add wheel" or something? Or is it happenign when you press
a tools button?

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Guys:

Couple notes:

YOu need only to select 32 or 64 bit redistributables once , and never again really. It installs the C++ runtimes for youre machine. Use 64 if your a 64 bit machine, 32 otherwise. You can uncheck them in future after youve odne this once. Soon they will not be seen and it will
all be done ion the background.

If you have trouble running anything you see in the video's, please yell so I can see abotu getting that fixed. I do expect many minor
system specific type of bugs while this all gets tested out. GM had similar torubles early on as well.

Thx
Art
tmday7
Old Timer

Post by tmday7 »

Hi Art,
Just finished 2nd video and so far all looks good here. The detail on all modules looks VERY good :)
Thanks,
Troy
bosr
Old Timer

Post by bosr »

Make 4th Axis a priority please, the gearmakers here have been waiting the longest.  :)
bosr
Old Timer

Post by bosr »

GT hangs on circular gear.

Select Knuckle
Click Gleason
Select Helical.. program hangs.

Win7 64bit
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Only happens in the tools screen and when I try to open the gear or sprocket tools.
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
tmday7
Old Timer

Post by tmday7 »

Tried what bosr stated (without having Gleason selected) and GT hangs when i select Type:Helical,Knuckle or Herringbone then select Bevel Params: Helical

Troy