Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

V2.3004 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

New version is online, no real changes other than a new sprocket type added at request of a user.

Hope your well on your way to a great holiday,,
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: V2.3004 online

Post by ArtF »

While Im at it...

There hasnt been much going on in terms of updates lately and this may seem unusual to those that
hang around here over the years. While normally during development season I try to release a new toy or
several new toys from user requests, this year Ive opted to finsh my summer project and release it under
Gearotic. Usually I pick a project, either of my own design or from user requests, and I had planned on some
CAD functionallity, but Ive come to think there are many cad programs out there and didnt want to reinvent
the wheel. I actually started the club foot escapement but found its complexity was putting me off, and
the feeling it would be used by very few coupled with that complexity put that on hold.
  My summer project Auggie I had originally planned to keep a separate project to be worked on in summer periods,
but it has taken on a life of its own and Ive decided to bring it to release level before adding any more
functions to Gearotic, and it will be released as part of Gearotics install. 

I am now jogging motors, running homing routines and about to turn on a 6th order motion algorithm making
Auggie a fairly unique program. Its not really a motion controller with a screen designer and scripting capability,
its a screen designer based on scripting that happens to have a motion contoller built in. It is meant not for CNC,
but for playing with control, not only motion,in machines, tools or devices that dont fit a CNC mould. Based on a
Pokeys and using two of them at the same time ( of any type), it can move motors, or be used as an automation
control panel for near any purpose. Its GCode will not include things like #variables, or G42/G43 commands. It isnt
meant to compete with or replace either of the Mach's, but is an experimenters program. To prototype a machine
or add fucntionallity to a process. Basically to do things CNC wasnt meant to do. Its GCode flavour will not contain
G7x macros or the like as they are things from cnc, but will instead allow motion to be delivered more
free-form as an adjunct to a huge amount of i/o, with up to 110 I/O pins with PWM, 50 encoders, ultrafast encoders,
plc logic, analogue input and output all controlled with multithreaded scripting capabilities with callbacks and timed
function access to almost anything in the program.

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I have no idea why but the forum is rejecting some of my message, so the last one wasnt complete.

If I want to cut a project Ive designed with Vectric, Id probably cut it with Mach3, or Mach4 or
whatever flavour of controller is your favorite, but if Im running a laser, or making a stepper
motor controlled gizmo to fit on my tablesaw to
do angular rotations of my stock, or perhaps making my own 3d printer, Id want an auggie to play with.
Its also handy as a way to learn scripting and doesnt need to use motion at all to be usefull and in the end
Wizard screens in parallel development will be handy to those that dont use a pokeys with the program. Its
capable of creating Gcode from scripting and also has Gearotics simulation capabilities. If interest is there
I will be creating a series of videos to teach scripting, which wont be too difficult as Auggies scripts
are probably the easiest scripting flavor Ive ever seen.

So, thats whats up around here, Im still working on Gearotic's bugs, adding smaller items I can debug
quickly or that arent too complex, but Im mainly working on the Controller project. Im hoping for a preliminary
release by years end, with videos to explain its use, as well as tutorials on how to script and how to control
things to a very deep level within the program.

Just a short (sic) update, 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Ahh, it seems to forum doesnt like text that looks like code.. I tried
to show an example code fragment from a G-Code file..

G0X0Y0
S3000M3
G1Z-1
(
  x = 4;   //cuts a box..
  FeedTo( x, -, -, -);
  FeedTo( - , x, -, -);
  FeedTo( 0, -, -, - );
  FeedTo( 0, 0, -, - );

GotoSafez(); //peck a series of 36 holes..10 degrees apart,
&nbsp; for( x = 0; x < 360; x+=10)
&nbsp; (
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; MoveTo( 5 * math.cos(x), 5 * sin(x), -, - );
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; PeckDrill( -2, .5, 1 );
&nbsp; )

&nbsp; )
(
m30

&nbsp;Im curious if Parens instead of braces works..

Art
Last edited by ArtF on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

:)
Glenn
slowbob
Old Timer

Post by slowbob »

Auggie looks awesome! I really didn't get what the difference was between this and a cnc controller until you posted the GCode.
Thanks for a such a fun product.

Bob
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

ArtF wrote: Ahh, it seems to forum doesnt like text that looks like code..
Here's a link to the bb codes supported by SMF (strangely, their bbc wiki entries seem to be corrupted).&nbsp; I'd suggest the

Code: Select all

code code for code

Kirk
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

ArtF wrote:If I want to cut a project Ive designed with Vectric, Id probably cut it with Mach3, or Mach4

So when should I order a PoKeys57CNC for my K40 laser?

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

&nbsp; Lol, I hate those kind of questions, I try never to promise anything I cannot deliver. As of today I can jog , and for the first
time did coordinated motion using the new trajectory planner.&nbsp; To make a complete controller takes a very long time, (I
have personal experience in that area... :)&nbsp; ), but this is a different animal and will probably be useful for lasers in a short period
of time, Id order one for your laser the day you see a video of my laser doing a variable power engraving, and then only if
your impressed with the capabilities. For initial testers Id like to get people already using a Pokeys 56/57E/USB/CNC
anyway with mach3/4. Auggie should work with the 3 axis 25Khz pulse engine built into a normal pokeys as well as the
8 axis engine 125Khz version on the 57cnc.&nbsp; &nbsp; If your using one for Mach anyway, then Auggies would be a nice additional
tool.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; :-)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I expect they'll be sold out for months when that video hits &nbsp;:) . &nbsp;I should quit trying to be semi-retired and go back to full time, might get back all that spare time I used to have - then I'd just order one on spec to play with.

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

That is why when I saw Pokeys was running a special I got a 57CNC on order.

Never seem to have to many controllers hanging around. ;D
I might see if it can run the 3D printer instead of the Ramps board while I wait for the release.
Glenn
spike
Old Timer

Post by spike »

Kind of a silly question, but where is this new DL?

spike
Old Timer

Post by spike »

Forget it, I found it.

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

jmurphycnc
Old Timer

Post by jmurphycnc »

I must be a little slow, or I have missed a post somewhere, but I can't seem to locate the V2.3004 version.
I have downloaded a file off the webpage, but it seems to be v2.3002. Is there another location for the V2.3004 file?

Thanks
John