Version 2.298 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Nate
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by Nate »

ArtF wrote: Amazing world isnt it? I wish them great luck, I suspect they had calls
from a host of good mathematicians the day after. Im still working on a much
improved ( hopefully) 3d puller for the fall, perhaps Ill add a superhero
body arrangement.. :)
Photogrammetry is a field of technology and research, and there are useful ways to combine data from lots of pictures (i.e. motion video).  I get the impression that the tech isn't mature yet, but it's not that far off.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Probably never be a mature one, it just keeps getting better. As one of my interests I watch and try to keep up, and
our stereo module is just my way of playing in that field. These are very brainy people that come up with this stuff..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

https://youtu.be/uuAIfcAqc-w

For those following the 3d thread.. I thought you might like to see how the algorithms are coming along during my summer break. This is a low res image ( 320x240 ) and took 8 seconds to create in the new code base. An 800x600 takes about 30 seconds. The quality is better than the previous code after 24 hours of run. If you look carefully you can see the face pulls out at a sharper angle from background features. IT much better follows the gradient contours of the original data. Still lots more optimising to do yet though.

The new code breaks an image down into frequencies, and then does a 3d pull from each of the frequencies adding them up as it collapes
a pyramid of mip maps of the original data, this makes it faster, and much more sensitive.

I still have more to add and a couple of ideas of how to turn it into more of an interactive experience for the user to guide it into
the result you may want for a given use.

Anyway, back to playing..

Art
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

Wow! That is the best yet.
Dan Mauch
Bloy
Old Timer

Post by Bloy »

ArtF wrote:

Anyway, back to playing..

Art
:)
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Cheeks seem to have lines almost like a 3d printed image.

Eyes seem to have much better definition.

Of no use to me, but the hair also seems much more defined.

Get more impressive with each interation!

Karl
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Hi Art

My granddaughter stopped by today and since she is my main desire to make a 3d image of, I got her to pose.  I did not like what I got.  Her face seemed distorted.  So we went into a darkened closet and tried again.  This time I used the new "save photos" option.  When I tried to reload them, nothing seemed to have happened. So I reloaded Gearotic and loaded the photos.  They loaded but upside down.  Not a real problem, because when you cut it, who cared which end is up or down, just turn over the part when complete.  I am going to let it run all night and see if it gets better.

Another 2 weeks and we meet again at CNC Workshop 2015.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

The entire module has been recoded at this point...not quite ready for release yet, but the results are more impressive with each iteration.

As to the CNC workshop, I dont think Im going to make it, I had planned on being there, but Im afraidsoem previous arrangements had fallen through, Im hoping next year it all comes together..

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Art

OK, I'll stop sending observations, until I get the next version.

But, not coming to the cnc workshop is a real let down. You can be sure, we will be talking about you!

I look forward to next year.

Karl

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Im sure my ears will burn... :)

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Nuther upgrade.. images are clipable, fisheye correctable and weighted for confidence in this one..

https://youtu.be/ifz8A37DSn0

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Looks nice, including the neck and chin.  Those were kinda dished out on my attempts on the random bald guy.

Why would you want to correct a fish's eye?

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

It corrects for the fisheye lens of the camera on close up objects..

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I may have found another bug (2.2990 on W10), or perhaps opportunity for user error, but can't find a work around.

While playing with a project for the laser (tiny version of the quadra-lobed wheels, minus the different eccentricities) I created a pair of 4 sided mod 0.5 elliptical gears.  To give them a little stand I went to boxing and to make plates for them (and got outsmarted, only made one that didn't have shaft holes, fixed per your previous post), and adjusted the sizes.  I set the material thickness from the default 4mm to 2.5mm, and they disappeared off the screen (I couldn't recreate this on 2.29870 on the desktop, didn't try resizing here).  A bit of experimenting and I found they changed size to become invisible.  Ctrl-mouse wheel became an exercise in chasing them around the screen and beyond my eye-hand coordination.  Saving and reloading the project didn't correct the size.

This is a round about way of also saying I couldn't find a resize option to make them visible again.  Is there such an option, or is this a good time to ask for it to be added to your list - if so perhaps fit width, fit height, fit project options?

I did cut a pair of gears successfully, from dxfs.  No option in the plugin to cut inside/outside the lines (that I've found yet, anyway_ so the teeth were too narrow, but they meshed and turned.  Will redo after tweaking the minimum spokable gear size to get those 8 straight spokes.  Auggie would have done it better :)

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk:

Not sure I understand.. the gear themselves got too small .. or the plates?

Drop the project if you like and Ill see if I can find them.. and see what I need to add to make sure you can
in future. :)

Art