Version 2.298 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
danmauch
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by danmauch »

I just installed 2.2986 and now while it does show my logitrol 9000 it doesn't show any of the resolutions like it used to. It then hangs up and I have to restart GT.
Dan mauch
ArtF wrote: Hi All:

Well, the problem appears to be the video format. I wrotem it for RGB, but it seems some have only YUY2 or better. So
version 2.2986 is completely changed to YUY2 format. All my camera work with this, Im hoping it solves all the issues
as I think YUY2 is at this point pretty standard.

Let me know how it goes..

Thx
Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

KKirk wrote:I hate to be the one to point it out, but have you noticed that we bald guys all seem to look alike in Stereo Photometrics?
Are you sure that we don't just all use the same volunteer subject?

I know I'm a lot younger and better looking than the guy in my example, plus there's the antler thing.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Sorry for that. OK, it seems that as much as I hate to , Ill have to run both. :)

Tommorrow Ill put out a version that will do RGB or YUY2 , hopefully, those 2 will do, in the
last week Ive learned way more than I wanted to about the windows COM Video interface.
I think I have it down, tomorrows version should show all your resolutions..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Version 2.2987 is online with both RGB, and YUY2 video types. I also found what Im pretty sure was the issue people
were having. This should now work with the majority of cameras I think.. Ive noticed most have both, or at least 1 o these formats.

Thx
Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

installed 2.2987.  Everything ran as before.  But again after the first install and run, selected lower resolution, then create 3d, then returned to selected max value then "video sampling on", camera is live, all keys are dead.  3 fingered salute, reran Gearotic and all preforms normally, I can go back and forth as much as I want, no more keyboard lockup.
  The only difference I noted is the resolution values now display the "YUY2" to the right of each resolution value.

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Karl:

Wow, I cant understand why the first install does that to you and after a reboot it works.. The video subsytem must have been getting
confused by the way it was used earlier. the new code asks the camera what it supports, and then only includes those types. If all of yours
are YUY2, then your camera didnt properly support RGB, but tried anyway. This may explain some of the trouble.

Let me know how it reacts over the next few days, Id be interested in if theres a downside. Bright side, your YUY2 is correct and should
work as the new stream thread understands both formats.. previously, only the RGB was known..

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

I decided to machine a file on my Emco desktop mill running mach 3 as the 3D printer is at school (25 miles away).  I made it as large as possible.  This decision was a mistake as I later had to edit out some of the G-code to stop the mill from running into the stops.  I'd include a picture, but the camera does not pick up the nuances of the shape.  However I looks like one of the "cone heads" from Saturday Night Live TV show.  Then I realized that if you do look at my face, my forehead does start just above my eyebrows and extends all the way back to the rear of my head.  So I think Art was right that I need a camera in the middle of the screen not above it as the build in webcam is on a laptop.  So I plugged in a external webcam. Art you will be happy to know, buth cameras show up in the "detected devices" window and appear to work properly.  On the external camera there is no verbiage to the right of the resolutions while there is the "YUY2" on the internal one.  I can select either and both seem to work. 

How I got the G-code form the stl file is an interesting story.  We have a ShopBot at school and it has a copy of Vectric "Carve 3d" renamed "Part Works 3d".    It will machine a stl file.  I tried to make a post processor for the Mach3.  However, no matter what I tried, Part Works would not recognize any non ShopBot posts that I created.  So I wrote a program to convert ShopBot code to standard G-code (actually quite simple) and that works.

Unfortunately, I have to do other things today, so the next model will have to wait until the first of the week.

It's been a FUN journey, Art.  Thanks for the ride.

Karl   
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Thanks for that update. Ive seen only RGB or YUY2's, Ill have to check my code to see whay Id leave some blank.. but its nice to
know they all worked. I  think maybe we're there .. :)

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

The webcam is an older one called WinBook WB-6185
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Weird (well, that's windows...). &nbsp;When first installed 2987 didn't show any resolutions. &nbsp;I rebooted (and installed the horde of pending windows updates<sigh>), now it shows as 297 (not 2987) and the resolutions are all back, multiple copies of each minus the trailing numbers.

Time to reinstall, I guess. &nbsp;WinHosed?

Kirk

Update: reinstalled, now it says 2987 again with multiple resolutions indicating both YUV2 and RGB24, and a test shot worked.
Last edited by Mooselake on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

&nbsp; &nbsp; Sounds like all the updates worked. :)

Have fun
Art

danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

&nbsp; I tried both cameras. One is RGB and the other is YUY2. They both work!
I really like the YUY2 because it has better focusing.
&nbsp; Is there any plans to incorporate a external structured light source similar to the little one I emailed you off line?

Dan Mauch
ArtF wrote: Hi All:

&nbsp; Version 2.2987 is online with both RGB, and YUY2 video types. I also found what Im pretty sure was the issue people
were having. This should now work with the majority of cameras I think.. Ive noticed most have both, or at least 1 o these formats.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:
In the fall, Ill probably offer some sort of way to trigger an external light source.. or to load photos from any source you wish..

Or at least thats the plan.. I just wanted ot get it running for the summer so people coudl play with it, in the fall we'll have
a better of idea of what can be done.

Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

OK. I'm pretty proud of this one finished with a 1/8 " ball.&nbsp; It is sooooo Cool!

Karl
Attachments
DSC06898.JPG
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Congrats, that looks excellent. My workshop is only now getting ready so I can cut my own.
You guys are all beating me to the punch.. I gotta learn to hold code back till I get to cut. :)

Seriously , great work..

Art