4.80 online

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Re: 4.80 online

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

Why is it that when I use the Rotate on/off in the GTA that it always jumps back to the default/start location? It does not stop and hold position. There is no way to step forward or reverse. ??? and I thought you were going to use hot keys along with using button icons. I would like to be able to zoom in and step thru gear tooth interactions.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Good point, Ill look at adding that option, I know the orations work diffently in GTA, but that was a requirement for devlopment, I undo my dev changes to allow for rotations.

Art
Dan
Old Timer

Post by Dan »

Hi Art,

Just downloaded the latest version to play with and found a glitch. On the GTA ta there is the profile shift selection. Setting it to anything different than "On Pitch" brings an OpenGL error.

Other than this trying to figure what's that GTA is about... brings a bunch of new terms that I haven't yet figured...

Regards,
Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Thank you for that, it is now fixed for the next release. Another typo I hadnt found. I
suspect I did a global replacement one day and didnt notice a couple changes that
occured. The last couple bugs reported were strange typo's in code I hadnt touched in awhile.

Thx for the report.
Art
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

The rack looks good. A couple questions.
1. How do you change the length of a rack?
2. I had to press create wheel to have the rack generated. Are you going to add a different button to create rack?
3. Is there more info on how to use GTA to generate racks? A new video?

Dan Mauch

ArtF wrote: Hi All:

4.8 consolidates some fixes for reported bugs. Firstly, Racks are available on the GTA tab which has its
text compressed so smaller monitors can see the selection.  Secondly a section of test code for GPU based VBO's
has been removed to stop errors on lower level video cards. This release seems quite stable.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

As yet I havent explained racks. Length is automatic from tooth count and module or DP.
If one wants , you could make a 2 tooth rack and use them like lego bricks with the tabs.
  The rim ratio can control the depth of the rack. So rim ratio and tooth count, as well
as tab selections is all you can use to make racks. At present, you can only put one on
the project screen ( this is due to incredible complexity issues in an engine that is very
shaft centric, and based on gears alone. ). The rack you place can be used for output only
and I dont allow anything to me meshed with them as the engine cannot handle moving
shafts. This is why , in order to add more items Ill really have to rewrite the 3d engine to
be a more faithfull physic emulator.

I did promise racks though, so the compromise I came up with is meant to give the
ability as easily as I could under the circumstances. We'll see how much more I can do over time.
:)

Art
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

Ok I understand. Its's not a big problem as I can alway create the dxf file and then make the rack what ever length I want in my cad program. I just didn't want to miss something.
Thanks again for putting me on the rack ;D
Dan Mauch