Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Release update

Post by ArtF »

Hi Rocket:

Just download the development version fo gearotic, Vexx is now included.

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Just and update, another video has been posted at
https://youtu.be/Z3NqiIdVM38

to explain the operational theory behind Vexx..

Thx
Art
drezal
Old Timer

Post by drezal »

Very neat stuff.  So, here is my first question, forgive me if it is a stupid one.

Since Vexx can import a gear design from Gearotic, all lined up neatly in a working set up, would it be possible in Vexx to design a creative box around the arbors and then just export that box design for the CNC?  I've used the box function before in Gearotic but am wondering if it would be a cool way to design a unique box structure?  As far as lining up the holes in Vexx, I guess circles could be simply placed over the holes?

Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi :

>>Very neat stuff.  So, here is my first question, forgive me if it is a stupid one.

No such thing. :)

>>Since Vexx can import a gear design from Gearotic, all lined up neatly in a working set up, .... up the holes in Vexx, I guess circles could be simply placed over the holes?

Basically, yes. The easiest way to do that would be to import all the gears in the project to vexx, then draw your boxing design around them. Delete all the gears except their shaft holes, that way your shafts will all match up. At that point all you'll have on the screen is your design with shaft holes. Send it to gearotic by replacing one of the gears, ( the one at 0,0 center) and
then you can send it to 3d workbench if you like or save it as a stl.

One note, when you make the gear at center which youll use to be replaced with your boxing design, give it a facewidth equal to the thickness you want the boxing design to be. You cant
set the end thickness in Vexx (yet), it will be as thick as the gear its replacing
Art

Dan
drezal
Old Timer

Post by drezal »

Cool.  Thanks.

As a side note...since I've downloaded the most recent version of Gearotic I keep getting Improper Shutdown Detected.  I clicked no the first time I got the warning and it worked fine.  Then the next day I got the same warning and the program wouldn't run.  I get the notice that Gearotic 2.0 has stopped working.  Hmmm.  I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and keep getting caught up in this loop.

Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Sorry about that, I havent seen that effect as yet. In most newer Windows versions if it
sees an error on exit it restarts the program. There is a windows setting for that somewhere..

Ill keep looking for such an error. Does it happen every time, even if you open, then close immediately?
Or does it take some kind of action to make it occur?

Thx
Art
drezal
Old Timer

Post by drezal »

Hey Art,
Well, the first day I downloaded and installed the Vexx version it worked fine.  I tinkered around for a while, it was late in the day, and then closed out of the program.  My computer is on 24/7.  The next day I went back to open it up and that's when it wouldn't load.  So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled a fresh download and still had the same problem, wouldn't run.  I then uninstalled it and installed the prior stable version and that version seems to work fine.

Since nobody else has complained it is probably something I'm doing, just not sure what.

Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Its young, such problems will work out over time Im sure..they always do.. :)

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Seems like I'm the only one having an issue with the win32 error.  Any hints on where I can go to get a solution?  I'm still running Windows XP

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

John;

Is this Win32 error generated with your Gearotic install or Auggie, or both? I experienced some issues earlier on too using Auggie with WinXP, had to upgrade in the end to a newer version of Windows to resolve these effectively. Art mentioned at the time, compatibility issues between Windows platforms was to blame. Anyhow latest upgrade worked fine for me using Win10.

Cheers
Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

Ill rework the compiler to try to make it more XP applicable, it looks like the XP compatibility switch
may have been off for the last release. Ill be releasing a newer version shortly with a few fixes in it,
Ill let you know when its up, probably a few days.

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Thanks Art,
The Gearotic part works fine its just the Vexx that is unhappy with me
John
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

I have seen that happen when I neglect the XP compiler switches, so hopefully thats all it is.
If so the next release should work for you. I no longer run XP here so its hard to say. Ill try to get a
release out this week.

Art
Pauld
Old Timer

Post by Pauld »

I am a bit confused (this happens easily to me). I recently purchased Gearotic, at least partly based on the tutorial about escapements. I have noticed that this feature is not included in the version I got. Also, I have looked at a number of training videos, which do not seem to match the interface I am working with. Finally, I do not seem to have access to any of the output formats I can use (dxf, eps, even printing). I am sure I am missing something fairly fundemental, but my ADD nature is probably steering me away fomr what I need to be doing.  Any help (pointers, links, etc.) would be appreciated. I am running Windows 10 Professional X64 if that has any bearing.
Last edited by Pauld on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Pauld,
From the project screen you should see where you can select escapements at the bottom of the "tools" pallet.  Once added to there project you can select what output you want from there.

I'm not the technical expert for this site but this should be straight forward if your using the development version
Attachments
escapement on Project.jpg
ESCAPEMENTS.jpg