Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Gearotic Version 3.011 released.

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

I just uploaded a new version of both gearotic and Auggie. The kinetics now shows collisions by turning collliding chains red. Using
the "Alt" key while clicking or surrounding a chain will select only that chain even if its in a group. This allows setting a minor
chain in a group as a colliding trigger and such even though the main group it belongs to doesnt collide with its target. There is
also a new category collision facility to make more complex collision detection schemes for things like gravity escapements.. a video
I will likely do shortly.

The Gearotic changes are firstly in the 3d bench, some with smaller screens were finding the words missing from feedrate and such,
narrowing the window would close the panels and let them read them as a workaround. This version sets a collapse order to close unimportant windows first. This allows most screens to see the wording on those important feedrate and tool panels.

The 3d Workbench button no longer requires an object to be selected. It may now be used to simply switch back and forth
between project/tool screens, and the workbench. If an object IS selected, it will be sent to the screen when the button is used.

Auggie has major repairs in M6 processing and such in Gcode. This affected all modes, GCode, MDI and MultiLine MDI. It didnt affected scripted motion. M6's, and M1's should now work as expected. G28's work here so far, but Im still tracing a possibel error there. Auggie
also had some work done on feedrate calculations in mixed moves for efficency. Still working in there periodically, but Im happy so
far with laser operations in general. I havent yet updated the laser controls, I will do that shortly.

Thx,
Art
John T
Old Timer

Re: Gearotic Version 3.011 released.

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Thanks for the 3d workbench screen - I can now throw one "post it" note in the trash.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again