Post by kit »

Kirk,

Don't forget the anti-freeze!

Kit
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Version 3.00 kinematics released.

Post by Mooselake »

Hmm, wonder if the blue windshield washer fluid I use in the laser tube would work.  Probably better to stick with pink RV antifreeze, Mrs. Moose would be happier afterwards if the cats drink it.

The deer haven't been a problem in the garden lately despite the open gate.  Even the zucchini has stopped growing, probably why the world isn't covered with it.

Back from a trip to the right coast (directionwise, some call the Pacific side of the US the left coast), less than two feet of snow to plow.  Outdoor boiler didn't freeze, so the fallback of extracting heat from the water heater sidearm and house propane boiler works.  Hit at least -5F, further inhibiting the zucchini apocalypse.

Kirk
kit
Old Timer

Post by kit »

Kirk,
My zucchinis won't grow either, but for the opposite reason. In our little corner of Western Australia we're regularly getting highs of 42C (about 108F) at the moment which makes the veggie patch look very sad indeed.

Happy New Year one and all.

Kit
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Guys:

Auggie has been updated to correct some serial communications errors. Kinematics has been updated
to include magnets. I will explain their use in a video in a few days.

Thx
Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

It might be something weird with my system (W10 IP), but I downloaded the development version off gear2motion and it locks up both firefox and the file manager if I try to execute it, reboot or task manager kill needed to recover it.  Haven't tried since Saturday, will let you know if this one's any different.

Downloaded it from gearotic.com (of course, gets the same file from both sites), firefox (I use opendownload2 to get a run button) hung with what seemed to be one task at 100% CPU (overall went from 3 to 54%, dual core/hyperventilated i5-5200).  Tried again with Chrome to a known location, the file manager hung without any extra CPU when double clicking to open).  Couldn't find GearoticSetup in the process list either time, nor anything else funny (er than usual) poking around in the resource manager.

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Ive updated the current version. Ive been running kinematics on my own projects for a few days, ( the best way to debug I find),
and trying to select various chains in kinematics was driving me nuts, this has been fixed. You should find it much easier to select
chains. If you find ( due to one chain being the same size and on top of another) that its hard to select the one you want, press tab
and it will cycle though the chains to find the one you want.. Pressing alt while selecting will select a single chain of a larger group..

Thx
Art
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

Thank You, my blood pressure is going back down now  ;D
Attachments
TtheReal-Art.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

:), Fecking right. (Though I suspect Im closer to Father Ted.. :))