V2.3005 online

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: V2.3005 online

Post by Mooselake »

It installed OK on the latest W10 64b insider preview, although with the we're all going to die of a nasty virus warning orange warning box.  Run Anyway lets it, well, run anyway.  It dropped a second Gearotic 2.0 icon on my desktop (it's a pet peeve, with a few exceptions, like Gearotic, I don't like all those icons scattered on my desktop), leaving the one from some time back.  If it's an option, perhaps check for or an existing icon.  Maybe ask if one is desired and then remember for future use, although it's hard to imagine a Gearotic user wouldn't one one for instant access.

My W10 release desktop  went to the blue screen in the sky so I can't try it on the 32b stock W10 (looks like something failed on the MB).  That's turning into a latest gen (Skylake?  Mooselake?  CannonFodder?  I forget) Intel processor (from the AMD X4) and accompanying bits, but will have to wait until after the gift giving frenzy season passes.  I expect it'll run so fast that the photometric pass count will be in the millions...

I see from the release notes we missed Gearotic's 5th birthday party.  My paypal receipt says 12/27/2010 so we can have a small celebration of it's arrival in the Moosecave Research Facility soon.  Congratulations, Art, not a lot of software survives and improves for this long!

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

Thanks for the confirmation, I too got a second Icon, but I notice on many runs I didnt get a third, so I suspect the
installer searched for its own flavour of icon. I probably wont settle on this one, but who knows.. ( I hate dealing
with installers. :) , glad to hear it installed though, even if it had an orange "Your gonna die" warning. I'll have
to check what microsoft is using these days for that warning. For drivers it was just "Pay us to register you and the warning
will go away..."

Preciate the test. :-)

Art
spike
Old Timer

Post by spike »

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the "indacators" move with any mouse movement.

Windows 7

No big deal, just a note.
It could have been that way all along, I never used that section before, so never noticed.
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

That release sounds like a good Christmas present.
You ever get called Santa Clause? :D

I finally got my Pokeys57cnc board.
Wont get to hook it up until the week before Christmas have to travel next week.
Apparently work thinks their stuff is important. :)

Watching all of Ya-Nvr-No and your videos looks like the scripting is pretty fun to work with.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glenn:

Excellent, the more testers the better. Im hoping people liek the scripting, this is all pretty experimental,
but is seeming to work pretty well. It will be interesting to see what use people find for it .. beyond just
lasers..

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
Once i get that far besides the Diode and CO2 lasers on that frame, I want to add my 3d printer parts.
The machine would have snap in beds.
One would be a heated bed was my thought.  Wouldn't be a tall build area only 4" but I don't think i have done anything over 3" any way.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glenn

Id think a pokeys would be ideal for a 3d printer. Lots of IO to do heating and such, inputs for temperature as well,
so the scripting should be able to handle all the things a 3d printer needs..

Art
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

I'm running Win 10 along with AVG anti-virus software.  The install went smoothly but AVG warned of 2 threats that I had to allow before it would let me complete the installation.  Thank you for putting the pendulum calculator back in.  Your forum discussion about pendulums, crutches, etc. is missing a picture.  Any idea where it went?
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Mark:

Can you tell me what forum baord.. Ill look it up, I hadnt realized how large the board has become,
I cant find that discussion anymore..

:)
Art
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Mark:

Im sorry, those pictures must now be lost to history, I cant find any record of them.

Art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Marklazarz;

I believe this image can be seen in our tutorial, page 73 of 93, fig 179. Hope it helps..

Cheers
Bob
;)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

I found it this morning Bob and I was about to post my finding when I saw your message.  Yes, it helps very much, thank you.