and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by ArtF »

Christer:

Yes, I think in the fall Ill add the capability to
a) Save the shots youve taken for reprocessing and load them back. This means you could take images any way you wish.
b) Trigger lights if you wish at the right time for brighter input.

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

2.2984 is online, sorry for the spamming of new versions. I noticed the program seemed slow.. my bad, when I implemented the coordinates
on the ribbonbar instead of the status line I failed to notice the huge amount of display time lost. My ststem is fairly quick, so it wasnt as noticeable as on my secondary system.
  Youll notice a 300% speed increase on 3d model displays while rotating and in the 4th axis section and such with this version.

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

ArtF wrote:sorry for the spamming of new versions.
As a long term spam fighter, real spam is unsolicited commercial email, and usually extended to include the equivalent in forums, etc.  You're no spammer  :)  Besides we like more new versions in the moosecave.  I just read that productivity goes down if you work over 50 hours a week, so don't forget that vacationing...

2983 had all my M$ LifeCam Cinema resolutions back.  Didn't notice any speed problems, but it's a decently quick machine.  Latest downloading.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

2985 is now online.. lol.. speakin of spam..

Turns out the resolutiosn all showed up, but failed. The ones now showing up shoudl all work.. should..

Art
brand468
Old Timer

Post by brand468 »

Thanks for the info Art, will be interesting to test  :)

ArtF wrote: Christer:

Yes, I think in the fall Ill add the capability to
a) Save the shots youve taken for reprocessing and load them back. This means you could take images any way you wish.
b) Trigger lights if you wish at the right time for brighter input.

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

The resolutions were there in 2984, with various permutations of 3 ones and zeros after them.  The quick shot I tried generated an stl.

With 2985 they're gone again, and it's back to 640x480.

Kirk
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

Here. 2.2984 showed all resolution and doubled up.
2.2985 shows single resolutions now no higher the 1280X720 which isn't any problem just mentioning it.

Ken
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Loaded 2.2985. I can see no differences.  However I am still having problems going back to taking another set of photos.  I select the camera and click on video sampling on and the camera frame come on with a still image.  The only way to get a moving image is to reboot Gearotic.  On occasion I also must reboot the computer. 

Karl
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

I take back the no noticeable differences statement.  The iterations are much faster as you get to the higher number of iterations.
Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Well, the problem appears to be the video format. I wrotem it for RGB, but it seems some have only YUY2 or better. So
version 2.2986 is completely changed to YUY2 format. All my camera work with this, Im hoping it solves all the issues
as I think YUY2 is at this point pretty standard.

Let me know how it goes..

Thx
Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

installed ver 2.2986 .  I now have a list of camera resolutions uo to  640 x 480.  I can now do a "create 3d " then go back and click the "video sampling on" and the web cam comes back on in live video. However the cam is live, but the program is in a loop and all I get is a "dong" sound no matter what key I hit, including the "X" exit button (upper right).  Close, but no cigar yet.

Karl

KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

I gave it the 3 fingered salute and restarted Gearotic and now everything is working as expected. I can go back and forth between "created 3d" and "video sampling on".  No crashes.  Video cam comes back each time live.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

All the resolutions are back, only one copy of each.  Iterations are seriously fast at 320x240.

Here's a random old bald guy who wandered through and volunteered.

I've never had snapshot work, all I get are all white blank images.  I have to do screen captures and crop them in mspaint.  Latest video drivers with a Radeon HD 2400.

Kirk

Attachments
test02986.jpg
Last edited by Mooselake on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

I hate to be the one to point it out, but have you noticed that we bald guys all seem to look alike in Stereo Photometrics?

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

True, but age has its priveledges.. :)

Sounds like its all starting to work alright. Ill add some more safeties over time, make sure you stop a 3d creation before restarting video..
The system will try to stop you from doing it, but the stop button taks a few seconds at times to stop the wroker thread that does the
pull out of the 3d image.

Art