Version 2.298 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by ArtF »

Nuther upgrade.. images are clipable, fisheye correctable and weighted for confidence in this one..

https://youtu.be/ifz8A37DSn0

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Looks nice, including the neck and chin.  Those were kinda dished out on my attempts on the random bald guy.

Why would you want to correct a fish's eye?

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

It corrects for the fisheye lens of the camera on close up objects..

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I may have found another bug (2.2990 on W10), or perhaps opportunity for user error, but can't find a work around.

While playing with a project for the laser (tiny version of the quadra-lobed wheels, minus the different eccentricities) I created a pair of 4 sided mod 0.5 elliptical gears.  To give them a little stand I went to boxing and to make plates for them (and got outsmarted, only made one that didn't have shaft holes, fixed per your previous post), and adjusted the sizes.  I set the material thickness from the default 4mm to 2.5mm, and they disappeared off the screen (I couldn't recreate this on 2.29870 on the desktop, didn't try resizing here).  A bit of experimenting and I found they changed size to become invisible.  Ctrl-mouse wheel became an exercise in chasing them around the screen and beyond my eye-hand coordination.  Saving and reloading the project didn't correct the size.

This is a round about way of also saying I couldn't find a resize option to make them visible again.  Is there such an option, or is this a good time to ask for it to be added to your list - if so perhaps fit width, fit height, fit project options?

I did cut a pair of gears successfully, from dxfs.  No option in the plugin to cut inside/outside the lines (that I've found yet, anyway_ so the teeth were too narrow, but they meshed and turned.  Will redo after tweaking the minimum spokable gear size to get those 8 straight spokes.  Auggie would have done it better :)

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk:

Not sure I understand.. the gear themselves got too small .. or the plates?

Drop the project if you like and Ill see if I can find them.. and see what I need to add to make sure you can
in future. :)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Everything in the dispayed image on the project screen, so both the gears and the plates.  It's a display issue, going back to the non-circular gear section shows them just fine.  It looks like the display scale gets altered somehow and I can't figure out how to zoom the display to make them visible again.

<ctrl>wheel will resize them, but as it does so the image will move off to the side and off screen. &nbsp;Trying to drag it back gets the plate, but not the gears.

I've attached the project file. &nbsp;It's probably something obvious and I'm having another senior moment.

Kirk

After writing this I exited and restarted Gearotic again, and opened the gth file; this time the gears and shifted plate reappeared in the project screen, and I was able to use them.&nbsp; Weird, so just change this into a low priority request for fit to display window button.&nbsp; I tried a couple times to recreate the symptoms on the desktop machine, after updating to 2.2990.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Mooselake on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

&nbsp; Its possible they were just way off center, makign rotation and such near impossible. If you see it again, use the perspective to look from the left or top and see if you can see them. If so, try dragging them back with move gear.. Ill take a look at this shortly and see what I see.

ARt
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

It had zoomed way out, think trying to see the Mooselake Manor from the moon or so.&nbsp; The gears and plates had been separated, but only by a few gear diameters, and nowhere near the amount of the zoom.&nbsp; Headlee didn't help from any direction, as it was too tiny to see, and I could zoom them back in to see a tiny something, but couldn't get them to stay in the display area and I lost pieces (like I only grabbed one gear or plate at a time) when I tried to move them back.

Anyway, it resolved itself after the second reload.&nbsp; I may not have exited the program after the first save and open (thought I did, but...), but definitely did the second time.&nbsp; I feel bad enough about not being sure about the first restart I won't say even anything about these very interesting looking eccentric gears from the previously posted museum link.

Kirk

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Nice to know it resolved itself. The program does try to rationalize things as its loading a project.. maybe that caught it. :)

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hello All:

&nbsp;Been a nice quiet summer. I havent posted for a bit, so I thought Id post an update for those
that joined us this summer. Summer is my down time when I program without having to worry
about what its for , basically I do personal projects and research. Often, it appears in Gearotic
in the following season. This summer I wanted to investigate 3d imagery from Webcams, which I
did and released earlier this summer, it will be updated this fall.
&nbsp; &nbsp; I am also working on Auggie, an Augmented machine controller, heres a snapshot of some of
the progress, Auggie will enter this fall as a wizard authoring program. Im off on real vacation in a
couple of weeks to Spain, then back at work on Gearotic , and I suspect Ill parallel work on Auggie
to get it ready to run my laser.

Thx
Art

&nbsp;
Attachments
2015-09-12_22-51-28.jpg