Version 2.298 online.

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.298 online.

Post by Jerrywi »

Good Morning All;
Since the last two updates I,ve noticed that when the base relief is created and I click to turn it blue, the image is rised but the back ground is paper thin(flat) not the finished  block like back ground it used to be. plus the back of the image shows as a negative image.

any Suggestions ?

Thanks all
Jerry
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

It ran all night again with 1,849,447 iterations.  Wow what a beautiful image!  And it created a stl file without problem.  I can't figure just what I did to cause the crash yesterday.  May have been leaving the size set to 640 x 480.

I rotated the camera 90 degrees ccw thinking this would get more pixels and I did not need the black tape.  It also seems to have turned the image inside out, so I got a negative (concave instead of convex) image.  Next time I'll try the "neg" option.

I just installed 2.2988.  The camera resolutions now have a "YUY2" to the right of each resolution for my Microsoft LifeCam (still max res 640 x 480) camera.  Load and save photos worked fine.

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Be carefull of the rotate camera setting, I may have buggered it, I dont think the images are correct, I need to check it.

Glad to hear at least the image is working well...

Jerry:

Check the box ( " Add Pedestal" ) otherwise the mesh is put out with no bottom..

Art

Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

I knew I was forgetting something (brain dead)
Thanks Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Ok now that it's working so well we need to talk about cosmetics.  I've made about 27 stl files and I don't like how any of them look.  In the fall maybe you can add a "cosmetic surgery" option. I think I look more like Robert Redford, than Gearotic is revealing.

Enjoy the weekend.

Karl
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

??? did Robert Redford loose all his hair?  :o

:D
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Yeah, Ive noticed that. My everyday,youthfull Brad Pitt-like looks always seem
to come out looking more like an old curmudgeonly Charles Darwin...
  Im searching in the code for the bug..

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

It's the webcam and it's driver's fault.  M$ has a "how-old.com" web site, and it says I'm 73 from a jpg off the LifeCam.  Not even close, and in the wrong direction.  The camera really does add (at least) 10 years.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dont feel bad Kirk..  Im 56.. My B&W photo from the video example came out as 65. I figured maybe it was because it was
black and white, so I snapped a quick colour one, it was then 75. So as I laughed, I turned up the lights and tried again. I was
then 85. Having gained 20 years in 10 minutes I gave up as the math indicated Id be dead of old age within the hour.

Art
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

Try doing it as a negative and see if you get younger ?
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Looking at the world around me, Im not sure getting younger would be an improvement. :)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

ArtF wrote:Having gained 20 years in 10 minutes I gave up as the math indicated Id be dead of old age within the hour
So we have reached the singularity, and they're trying to get rid of us, starting with the mature citizen programmers that might notice first?

Kirk
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

Ok, Art

My son just called me to tell me all about the tv show called "Shark Tank" that aired tonight.  There were 2 girls on (one of whom has recently left Microsoft) have formed a company to sell figures created by having a customer submitted a photo which they will then put a 3D image of that person's head on a super hero body.  My son reports that the Shark Tank staff had valued the company at over $1,000,000 and they were interested in the company.  The short fall right now is they don't have the 3D software developed yet.

Here's your chance to get stinking RICH, Art!

My son says if you can't locate the show info, he will do some more legwork, if you need it, though we both figured you's have no problem finding it!

Karl
KKirk
Old Timer

Post by KKirk »

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Amazing world isnt it? I wish them great luck, I suspect they had calls