Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.292 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

kk, so THIS is the last version till the fall barring bug fixes,not that last one :). I wanted this out the door so you could play with it during
the summer and find its deficiencies. :) . Ill consider upgrades to this in the fall, I can see where one could use it to
generate some nice artwork.
  A video on its use is here, http://youtu.be/fAYdk6VU0Lk  and please keep in mind this is early on. I might add, TURN OUT
THE LIGHTS when doing this, the less light from around you the better your artwork will be.

Have Fun..

Art

Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.292 online

Post by Mooselake »

Seriously amazing!  Great timing, the Lifecam Cinema was here when I got home from shop class last night.

Not enough coffee yet for a selfie, so grabbed a random gear toy (this is Gearotic; cage gear from GM) from the shelf in the Moosecave, and gave it a shot.  My aging AMD quadcore was plenty fast at 640x480 so left it there.

Did a good job on the books in the background; might need to use backdrop, or set up the mini photobooth if you care what's behind.

Kirk

Attachments
StereoTest.jpg
Last edited by Mooselake on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

hay Art
I've been playing around with the new feature and I think it will be a great addition to my projects and interests in Lithophanes
My question is,are we able to mill a lithophane now? if so, I'm having issues in trying to post the gcode for my examples.
Sorry to disturb your summer break. our summers in northern Wisconsin are very short, so we do as much as we can before the white stuff falls.

Thanks in advance
Jerry
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Jerry:

No, as yet Gearotic does not offer 3d machining, it does only 4th axis and 2.5D.  The fall development schedule has
3d machining at the top of its list. This is slated to include the photo's , stereo's and bevels. Its my feeling that that will
conclude all the features that Gearotic shoudl have as its base. We can work on further additions after that. So the only
thing you can do with these stereos is put them out as stl's for printing or toolpathing in other programs.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

hi art tried the new feature with the camera in my laptop it did not work to good will try with my scanner latter to day.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Yes, its all abotu light, so the laptop screen may not have been bright enough. (Or the lights in the room were too bright).
In the end you have to ensure the images it takes have as much monitor light in them as possible, so if its a laptop, its tradeoff
between closeness to the monitor and the camera location...

Art
richard dillon
Old Timer

Post by richard dillon »

ART  I'm getting a gearotic thoughts error when I click on the StereoPhotometry button. "Error found gearotic 21 attempt recovery" I say yes or no and it crashes. I'm on a 64 bit machine. Would love to try out your new toy! Thanks
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

Hmm, try a test for me, first select Spur gears tool, then select Stereo.. does it still give that error
or is it gone?

ARt
richard dillon
Old Timer

Post by richard dillon »

Now it is error 1167
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

Please redownload.. I didnt change the version, but Ive added code to see if it will fix that error..

Art
richard dillon
Old Timer

Post by richard dillon »

Now it gives me a 1167 error first, then when I say attempt recovery, it gives me a 21 error. I click it again then another 1167 error and it keeps giving me 1167 when I keep clicking. I did load the clock2. Then I clicked on stereo. The hud said pick a camera but no options were available and  the rest of the program froze except the toolbox. The error 1167 was  still on the screen. My cam is working in other programs.  I loaded clock 2 again and the error wasn't there but the program was unresponsive. I closed the program and now gearotic won't load at all.
Then I
I uninstalled gearotic, deleted the gearotic folder then  reinstalled, and now it won't run at all.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

Wow, something is really screwy.. I feel your pain, I always do when such a problem exhibits itself,
but Im suffering from a lack of information, yours is the only report so far of crashing except for one
who crashes if plugging in the camera while running gearotic.

Error 1167 is a nonspecific error, it only tells me it happened after drawing the scene,
Error 21 tells me you had a crash while drawing the head up in the corner..

Ill see if I can add another safety to see if that helps. Be a few minutes..

Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Hello Art.
my desk top seems to run the program okay. if I play with it for 20 min or so, changing the resolution fire times etc. the system crashes. however I'm able to recover.
My laptop is a different story. I also get error 1167 and when I attempt to recover the program crashes.
Hope this helps
Jerry
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

Ive added more error codes and some safeties to see if we can ctach what causes this..

Version 2.923 is online ...

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Guys:

Well, its a help to see two similar ones.. see what error this version gives. I find when dealing with hardware like cameras, it can take a bit to iron
out bugs that can be nasty..

Art