Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.281

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

A few small changes, and some bug fixes. This version includes preliminary release of Slitsaw usage in
4th axis work. It also has Pendulums for those that miss their display on clock designs.
A short video on this version is at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xCbqVVtaFg

Thx
Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Version 2.281

Post by Mooselake »

I did a very quick test, created a Graham escapement, then added a pendulum.  Even with clicking on the pawl it placed it on the ratchet shaft.  When I deleted it GT went into an unescapable "Encountered an improper argument" dialog box loop that required killing it with the task manager.

Poor puppies...

Kirk
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

Options gear icon missing off the top ?
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx guys,

Its been a lot of changes very quickly.. Ill get the little bugs fixed up  asap..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk:

Problem fixed and online. You need to place on a shaft , not the pawl, click no the shaft in the project tree..its easier. But if you delete a pendulum, it wont cause a crash anymore.

Thx
Art
Monafly
Old Timer

Post by Monafly »

Its been some time since I updated, but I can't get this version to install. After installing it (repeatedly), I continue to get the error that Gearotic "failed to start because an application configuration is incorrect".

This is an XP machine.

Suggestions?
HSLLC

Post by HSLLC »

Well I can't get Feedrate and Plungerate changes made to tools in the tool crib window to show up in the main 3-axis CNC window or in posted code even if changes are made prior to generating a tool path.

Kerry
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kerry:

Are the changes applied and accepted? ( By this I mean if you go back to the ToolCrib are the changes shown there? )
Also, are the changed showing up on the screen overridables, ( Those boxes on the screen where you can override
the feed and plunge rates?)

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Mona:

Hmm, use the program in the Gearotic folder named VCRedist_x86.exe .. run that, does it help?

Thx
Art
Monafly
Old Timer

Post by Monafly »

That ran, and I'm a little closer. Now when it starts (splash screen shows) I get "Error Found Gearotic 3: attempt recovery". Neither a yes or no response gets anywhere.

Next?
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I had to click on the pallet shaft in the project tree first, now the pendulum is on the pallet shaft.

Clicking on the pendulum selects the ratchet, not pendulum.  It has to be selected from the project tree.  It goes away when deleted.  The escapement project got delayed for a dying hard drive that's taking a couple days to replace (chkdsk /r's fine, but gets IO errors when trying to clone, imaging it across the network instead), but hopefully the pendulum can be cut into parts, printed, and glued together.  More fun than a dowel :)

Another item for that very long list, not a biggy.  Reinstalling takes multiple clicks.  Have you considered a "yes to all" or "silent install" or whatever they call it now button?

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

Noted. :)

MonaFly:

Hmm, thats very strange. Contact me offlist at support@gearotic.com
and Ill make a special diagnostic version for you to see if
we can track down the problme..

Thx
Art
HSLLC

Post by HSLLC »

Hi Art,

Yes the changes seem to be applied and accepted and they are there when I return to the ToolCrib. Yes I can override the incorrect settings in the main 3-axis workbench screen. I have to do this every time because changes made in the toolcrib window never follow thru to the workbench window.

Kerry

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kerry:

Noted, thx, listed for fix..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Thought you might like to see a snapshot of the next module. It will be a long video
I suspect. This is probably the most requested feature over the years, be interesting
to see what people make of it.

Art
Attachments
knots10.jpg