Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Version 2.280 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

Thanks for the bug reports, a few had bad sim performance, I had tools acting up,
and one poor fellow couldnt start the new GUI properly. Hopefully this version helps
on all fronts. If you do have serious trouble, please report it and any messages on your screen.
( A few have been added. ). The sim should work better as well as a few init items were found
to be floating..

Thx
Art
HSLLC

Re: Version 2.280 online

Post by HSLLC »

Feedrate and Plungerate changes made to tools in the tool crib window don't show up in the main 3-axis CNC window or in posted code.

:)
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

No, after a toolpath is generated, that path is locked to whatever tool and parameters it had at
the time of creation of the toolpath. If you change a tool, you must redo the toolpath. Similarly, when you
simulate in Gearotic, the simulation will always use the tool that was used to generate the path, BUT,
the simulation will show the path with up to date modification to a tool such as diameter..
  So the rule is, change a tool, THEN generate a path. :0

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

One note to 4th axis users, while the last version shows you can now add SlitSaws to the toolbox, please do not attempt usage in 4th axis work. They will not select in 3d work, but I havent shut them off in 4th as I should have until they are ready. They are a work in progress and should be ignored till then. Ill probably shut them off for selection by next release until I verify they are ready for use.

( Just an occasion where I forgot to shut off some development code in order to release a bug fix. :) )

Thx
Art