Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

version 2.272 online

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

This version has a recode of some of the lighting models in Gearotic to make them work a bit better,
the Simulator has had a rewrite on several sections to increase its resolution and reliability..

Thx
Art
Viljo
Old Timer

Re: version 2.272 online

Post by Viljo »

Hello,

Whenever I try to do 3-axis CNC sim, I get "SetPixelFormat Failed" error. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Interestingly enough, 4th axis sim works like a charm.

Attachments
setpixelformat.jpg
Last edited by Viljo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My engravings and things - www.viljomarrandi.com
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

The simulator can fail on some systems, it required OpenGL version 1.5 with extentions that support VBO's, not all video
cards do, though most recent ones do. Im still looking for errors in it, it is now used in Mach4 as a plugin which has helped me
track down several issues. Im still making changes in it, so each version it should get a bit more stable with various cards, Id
check it each version to see how it works for you.

(Any idea what your OpenGL version is?

Thx
Art
Viljo
Old Timer

Post by Viljo »

Hey,

My OpenGL is 4.3, videocard is Radeon 7950. Not the newest, but still relatively new, 1.5yrs or so.

GLView says it supports 100% of the features. I might see if there are newer drivers available, if you think that might help.
Attachments
opengl_info.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

It may.. but Im thinking its probably me. My card is an nvidea, their pretty forgiving about some of the
OpenGL syntax where other cards may fail on a technicallity. Youll probably find the problem goes away
with the next update, if it doesnt.. please let me know and Ill work with you to find the issue by sending you
test version that isolate the issue on your card. ( This helps future users as well..).

Next update should be within a few days, I will bump your sim problem to top of development priority
after that release if your up for a few tests..

Im pretty sure its simply me using a DC or call that the card doesnt like me calling in that order.. (OpenGL
drivers can be THAT picky... :) )

Thx

Art
Viljo
Old Timer

Post by Viljo »

Ugh, that reminds me my days of web development and the compatibility hell between browsers. "if IE, show CSS like this, elsif firefox, use that function, else blah-blah" :)

I'll wait the next update and see what it does. If the issue persists, I'll help as much as I can.