and current Download Links.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 2.269 online

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Nice clockface..

Yes, I have to say I enjoy using my lase4r more than my cnc.. though each is handy in different cases..
I just got a small ceramic laser ( so I have 3 now. :-) ), the small ceramic one is probably low power though they claimed
35watts on the sale.. Im betting 12 or so..

Just goes to show, you can never have enough lasers. lol

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Where do you find a ceramic laser?  All I could find was research papers, laser holders, and tile engravers.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Kirk:

There was one on Ebay a couepl weeks back for 200.00 , I couldnt resit. It was a ceramic tube laser about 16" long, claiming 35 watts
and came with an RF exciter. Ill have it tested by next week, but the owner had a few and claimed this one was quite powerfull. From what
Ive read the ceramic laser last a very long time, and are very heat resistant. This thing is pretty cool. Im looking forward to playing with it..

Here's a photo of what one looks like..

Art
Attachments
20150131_110440.jpg
20150131_110448.jpg
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

What will a 35w one do / cut ?
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hey John... :)

If it IS 35watt, its good for anything our 50's will do generally. But Im thinking its more like 10-15 watts, so its good for engraving,
or cutting rubber/paper ..that type of thing..

Art
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

OK Thanks.
Was hoping for 10mm steel plate.................sigh............
John S.
Nottingham, England
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

lol....

Start looking fer that YAG laser..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Digital Machinist.

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

I just recieved a copy of Digital Machinist magazine for Winter and wanted to thank Dan Mauch,
both for sending me the magazine and for the excellent article inside. Its always a pleasure to see others work
from Gearotic, and in a magazine it better still. Thanks Dan for all the work and for documenting it
so well for others. I bow in your general direction,sir. :)

Art
John S
Old Timer

Post by John S »

Mine just dropped thru the door today in the UK but not had a chance to read it yet.
John S.
Nottingham, England
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Today's project was to try 3D printing a simple Graham escapement (yeah, I know, go reprint the roots first...).  While it hasn't gotten that far yet I found some typos.  In the Ratchet Params section Ratchet Depth is misspelled.  Pallet shaft diam(s) also has pallet misspelled.  Escapements is misspelled one the Lever Escapements tab.

The splash screen has entered a time warp, and says copyright 2013.  I'd like to join it and gain a couple years, but it's more realistic to suggest changing it to 2015.

Maybe I'll try the stl slicing and see how it compares to slic3r; at least you spelled slice right.

Congrats on the magazine article. &nbsp;Hope you sell thousands of copies of Gearotic. &nbsp;Tabs alone should sell a hundred<ducks>.

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
danmauch
Old Timer

Re: Digital Machinist.

Post by danmauch »

Delighted that you were happy with the article. The article was written around ver 2.0 and wow! You have added so much more to it that I think I will do another article using it. The only disappointment was they didn't publish the picture of the finished gears. You'd have to see the video link in the article.&nbsp; Hopefully, the article will generate many sales for you.
No, every time I use Mach 3 or Gearotic I turn to the Northeast and bow to you and your superb programming skills. Many thousands of us are the beneficiaries of your great works.
Thank you
Dan Mauch
ArtF wrote: Hi All:

I just recieved a copy of Digital Machinist magazine for Winter and wanted to thank Dan Mauch,
both for sending me the magazine and for the excellent article inside. Its always a pleasure to see others work
from Gearotic, and in a magazine it better still. Thanks Dan for all the work and for documenting it
so well for others. I bow in your general direction,sir. :)

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

&nbsp; Thanks, fixed for next release. One of my many weaknesses is spelling, not that I dont
know better, but I never check my typing. Once entered they dont stick out to me either..
so thx for pointing them out. :)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Spelling's not my best area, but I've got the firefox spellchecker turned on...

Back in a past life I had to do a lot of technical proofreading, and errors still jump out.&nbsp; Submit a lot of typos to Amazon via the Kindle, even though nobody seems to do anything with them.

Glad to make a small contribution, and thanks for the undeserved mention in the program credits that I just noticed.

Kirk