License Key

Information about latest Revision level of the software
and current Download Links.
DJester
Old Timer

License Key

Post by DJester »

I had to do a complete system restore on one of my PCs. I haven't received a new key nor can I find out how to use it once it's been received. It's been years since I last activated a  demo version of Gearotic after purchase. An old version of Gearotic is running on another PC.  I copied the License.dat file and placed it into the Gearotic directory and it appears to work. Was this the correct way of converting a partially function version to a fully functional version? Thanks Dan
John S
Old Timer

Re: License Key

Post by John S »

Yup,
That's it in a nutshell, now make a copy of that license file and keep it safe
John S.
Nottingham, England
DJester
Old Timer

Post by DJester »

Thanks for the reply.  Dan
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Hi Dan;

Sorry to hear your still having issues with this, however I have replied back to you multiple times on this, just got no replies back form you, I also included your license in one of the replies? It's possible your mail server has moved my reply to you from your inbox to your spam or deleted folders, perhaps you may want to check if you can see them there? Anyhow glad to hear you found the solution, and sorry again for any delay it caused.

Cheers
Bob
:-\
Gearotic Motion
Bob
DJester
Old Timer

Post by DJester »

Bob, I appreciate what you did for me in regards to the license key. It turned out to be Charter Communications ( Internet provider ). They rolled out a new user interface for email that turned out to be total "Cluster F#%k", that affected a lot of people, myself include. I should have remembered sooner (I'm "Pre Geezer" ) to just copy the License.dat file from another PC still running Gearotic, and insert in the Gearotic directory.  You folks have written a great, easy to learn, and inexpensive piece of software. Thanks for the effort and Gearotic, Dan
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Dan;

Thanks, glad it worked out in the end.

Cheers
Bob
:)
Gearotic Motion
Bob