Where does Gearotic put the DXF files?

Software helpfull to Gear makers.
BSnoep
Old Timer

Where does Gearotic put the DXF files?

Post by BSnoep »

Hi, All new to this program I designed a gear and tried to export it as a 2 or 3 D file.
The only files that I can retrieve are .gth files and those my Chinese CNC USB controller cannot read. IT wil take all kind of files but not this one.
Last edited by BSnoep on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Where does Gearotic put the DXF files?

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

In your options ( gear icon on top bar) there is a setting for location of project files. In that folder you will find your files, usually in a subfolder by the name of the project. If you didnt name the project they may be in "Untitled Metric" or "Untitled Inch" folders.
  I usually put a folder on my desktop named Geardata and point the program there so I can quickly grab output files.

Yell if you still cant find them..
Thx
Art
BSnoep
Old Timer

Post by BSnoep »

Yell...

I have found the folder and if I unstood your tutorial well, after using the "post"command it should be posted in the folder as a .tap file. But nothing shows up....
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Sorry for the trouble, lets diagnose this down a bit. When you post, there is a checkbox asking
it to display the Gcode in a text editor after generation. Its labeled "Open in Editor".  Does wordpad open
up with any text in it?  ( or open at all? ). If it does open, select "SaveAs" in its menu to see what folder its pointing
to, the files are there..

Are you using the default location of GearData, or one set in the options? I do suspect
your files are being generated, so we just need to find them. :)

Art