Gearify

Software helpfull to Gear makers.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Gearify

Post by Mooselake »

Glad to see new development with Gearify!

Kirk
Gearify
Old Timer

Post by Gearify »

ArtF wrote: Looks good. Looks very similar as to how Gearotic does it, a digital subtraction where the involute evolves from the instantaneous rate of change during its construction?
Right now, these curves are generated without any subtraction at all, just solving differential equations numerically in 2 dimensions. This produces "pure" involute curves that are exactly correct at every point. The only problem is that since these curves evolve, they may interfere with each other as they engage or disengage, so my last task is to find an appropriate solution to minimally clip, truncate or sheer off areas to prevent the teeth from jamming - that final piece may be done via a subtraction algorithm, but we'll see.

-Michael
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

I just emailed Michael Valle wondering if he was still around, and he replied that he's "hard at work developing the next version and expect to announce some very exciting new features that are planned for it in the coming months."

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thanks Kirk:

Good to know. Its a nice program. I expect I'm several months away
from the next incarnation as well. Im finding the physics a bit harder to properly
simulate in 3d versus the Auggie simulator in 2d. ITs a great learning experience though.

Art
Gearify
Old Timer

Post by Gearify »

Hello, all!

As was mentioned above I am indeed hard at work on the next version of Gearify. I just released a 20ish minute video/talk on the status of the upcoming product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZDdAplqp4

Hope you all will check it out!

-Michael
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Cool, looking forward to it. I sent you an email address, but it might be a good idea to post a link to your survey here too. I'll volunteer if you need any beta testers

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Awesome video, it looks like the involutes cure a lot of ills. I like what you've done, and I'm one of a very few who can appreciate
the hassle you had in learning the way the pressure angles affect the ellipticals and such. Its nice to see someone younger than 60
ready to take on the gear world. :) As a one guy shop myself I appreciate all your hard work , it brings back a lot of memories ..

I look forward to the update,

Art