Came across these sites for clocks and gears

Forum focus is on traditional conventional ways in gear cutting.
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Came across these sites for clocks and gears

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Morrow
Old Timer

Re: Came across these sites for clocks and gears

Post by David Morrow »

I realize that the above is an old post but the Beal link still works. That forum has been overrun by spammers and the admin's are MIA so I wouldn't expect to find too much there although there are occasional intelligent posts.

David
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

David

I just ran across your response to the old post.  I looked at the Beal link and it does have some interesting links.  I'll have to explore that site some more. 

I'm interested in trying to build a wooden clock as opposed to a ticker.  My preference would be to use hand tools and power tools rather than using CNC equipment.

My use of Gearotics so far has been to buld simulation models of a chronometer and an E Howard Tower clock.

Bill

Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Keeping spammers out of forums is a never ending job; I've been dealing with spam since first email spams in the 90s when I ran a small ISP, and somehow got dragged into it on a few small forums now that I'm retired (more like ran away screaming) from real Internet support jobs.  I like leaving the (unembeddable  here) youtube Another One Bites the Dust links in place of them occasionally...  Most spammers these days are from low wage countries (India is a popular source) and are likely just trying to make a living,  but they are extremely annoying.  Bob and Art do an outstanding job here.

The Beall Tool Company is still in business, although Mr. JR must be getting way up there.  I have several of their woodturning products (yes, moose hooves can run a wood lathe), and several more on my wish list (wish I could justify buying a Pen Wizard...), all outstanding.  Too bad they don't keep up with their forum.

Kirk
BillM
Old Timer

Post by BillM »

Kirk

I still haven't had much time to explore the Beal forum..Because there is so much to explore and learn on the Gearotics forum.

I've been retired since 2007 and I'm always finding new topics to study.  I've been away from home for the past couple of weeks and only have my tablet with me so this gives me more time to explore websites.

I'm glad Bob and Art do such a good job keeping out spammers.

Bill