License - Warning!

Check here if your license wasn't mailed back to you.
RhoTu
Old Timer

License - Warning!

Post by RhoTu »

Just a heads up to everyone that your license is tied to your email account.  If you ever change providers you will not be able to get a license if your computer dies.  Make sure you have a backup of the license file somewhere.  So much for once licensed always licensed.

<edit>
<snipped..dealt with off-list.. license proof supplied and accepted.

Art
Last edited by ArtF on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: License - Warning!

Post by BobL »

Absolutely, thanks for posting.
This process occurs when the email link we have on file isn't the same as the request correspondent. The email is the only way we know who you really are, and I am forever being challenged these days with people representing others, without any or limited proof when it comes to credentials. We never give in to these request btw, I know some folks may be legit, and I apologize to them, but I know some definitely are not.

We ask customers to save a copy of their license backup purposes, if you come to us for it, I will only send out to the email recorded in our database, no exception.&nbsp; If an email change is in order, then let us know prior to making the change, we'll need to confirm changes with that old email address, then we'll happily update our database with new credentials. Again, sorry for the ruling, but its the only way it can work online.

Cheers
Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob