Tracing, Path Smoothing and Dithering

For suggestions for future additions
bosr
Old Timer

Tracing, Path Smoothing and Dithering

Post by bosr »

A common request I have from customers is engraving of artwork which entails a lot of outlining.

It sure would be nice if we could add a module that does outlining of an image and then have an option to smooth the toolpaths to get rid of jagged lines and sharpen-up or radius the corners.  This would be a serious time saver!

Another great addition would be a module to convert an image to a newspaper type dither and allow a user selectable option to cut the pattern using either 'depth by size of dot' OR 'cut to same depth by interpolation'.

Randy
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tracing, Path Smoothing and Dithering

Post by BobL »

Randy;

Thanks for your request feedback, they are always appreciated. I can see the advantages you speak of in your comments and will likely be discussed farther, however anything remotely similar, if even possible, I suspect could only be down the road as work continues with GM's new platform for now. As things develop farther, who knows what can happen.

Cheers
Bob
:)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Likely be a while for this one. In future though, following versions of the software will start to get a bit eclectic as
I intend to use it as a platform for all work I do in future on any topic. LithoPhanes, general graphics utilities
and 3d routines, whatever I feel like persuing , so I suspect you can expect to see such things as Dot difusion
utilities, I have code for a great many things saved up over many years of test coding, from fractal designs to
dot width diffusion convertors, point cloud manipulators, to turning tools, so its hard to say what will eventually show
up in the softwares base..

Art
bosr
Old Timer

Post by bosr »

Thank you for the response(s).

I just wanted to get it on the list (hopefully).

Randy