I'm frustrated and mad

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
Waneu
Old Timer

I'm frustrated and mad

Post by Waneu »

Why can't I export a DXF file? It worked fine 2 weeks ago! Just now I tried to to rework a gear for a work in progress and had to stumble thru your program stuck on a file that I couldn't save as a DXF 2 days ago. (Damn good file management) I got my gear modified but couldn't save it. Why did I waste my time? Yes I know they're supposed to land in the gear data folder but guess what? And I've got your GTH files in the documents folder! Why? I'm ready to give up on gears and crack some beers. I tried your tutorials but none of the screen shots match anything I have. Maybe later when I've calmed down.
walt

Anybody got ideas? what the hell am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Waneu on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waneu
Old Timer

Re: I'm frustrated and mad

Post by Waneu »

I fixed it?  went to options and refreshed the save path's memory. it said desktop / gear data so I just typed it in again and I got it to work. seams to me the file functions could be improved.
walt
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I'm frustrated and mad

Post by ArtF »

Hi Walt:

Sorry, I missed this message as Ive been away for a couple days from the forum.
Im glad a refresh of the location fixed it, but Im not sure why that occured. Ive
never had a problem exporting once set up, though I do know its hard at times
to find the files your looking for.
  The interface for files is dated I know, but Gearotic is not near 10 years old and
showing its age. Let me know if you run into further troubles, I understand the frustration..

Art