Project Summary 1667 Error

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
SteveG
Old Timer

Project Summary 1667 Error

Post by SteveG »

I'm trying to display my project summary and I end up with a "Error found, Gearotic: 1667, Attempt Recovery?" crash. This doesn't happen with all projects, just the latest one I'm working on. The major difference is that the gears in the one that fails all have decorations enabled. Currently running version 3.01200, about 17 gears total in this project.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Project Summary 1667 Error

Post by ArtF »

Hi Steve:

Sorry for the error. Unfortunately, it points to an "unknown" fault. Can you help me track it a bit.?
Does the file for the sumary output "Summary.txt" appear in the output folder at all? Is it empty
or does anything appear in it?

If you can, can you post the project file, Zip and password protect it if you wish, then email
me the password if it is proprietary at all. If I can get the project I can fix the error.

Thx
Art
SteveG
Old Timer

Post by SteveG »

Art,

Looks like it would create a partial file and then post the error.

I thought I'd recreate the project from scratch and try the summary report at each stage to see where it would fail and now it works just fine. It does have a slightly different DP (10 instead of 8.10) for all the gears since I wanted to reduce the overall size, so not sure if that was part of the issue.

Either way it's working for me now. Thanks for the reply and I'll let you know if it reappears.

it's a great program!

- Steve
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx Steve:

Glad to hear. Yell if it keeps happening. :)

Art
kenyo
Old Timer

Post by kenyo »

Hi Art,

I have a similar problem. I'm trying to output a single wheel to DXF and keep running into a 1667 error from which I'm unable to recover. Oddly, if I move the file from a OneDrive folder to a 'normal' folder, the error code changes to 1202; both folders are stored locally.

I don't seem able to add a .gth file to this message so have zipped it up before attaching.

Many thanks,
Dave
Attachments
English Regualtor.7z
(134.67 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

I downloaded and tried here, with no error. Im wondering if, in the settings, the location of the output data is set to
the local GearData directory as a test, if the error will go away. Can you try it and let me know?

When you select it for export, and go to the DXF screen, make sure you select the gear in the left hand
tree display. The gear should show up on the screen. Does this work? Let me know and Ill dig deeper into why
this might occur, I havent seen it since this last report.

Thanks
Art