Artcode 817

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
DanL
Old Timer

Re: Artcode 817

Post by DanL »

That's cool I have something very wrong I got a different artcode today and everytime I load a gcode Mach3 config gets corrupted.

I might just have to get my A into G and get a post done for fusion to work with Auggie.

Do you have a list of the G codes that work or are just skiped over And what does M6 do, it's not to important what M6 does I can have a M1 pop up before a M6 anyway.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Pretty much all Gcodes are tagged so a script gets called. Auggie wont do G42/G43 stuff, other than that it does most things,
but as my lasers dont require many standard cnc calls, most are just blank macro calls. They should be able to be setup to do
almost anything. Youd need to code up a m6 script to do whatever toolchanges you may need to do.
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I tried a G code from fusion useing the M3 post, there were no problems at all.

Its school holidays at the moment so I am stuck at home with the monster, I will see what I can get done I just have to look at all the vids again.

I gave up trying to get M3 working Auggie just works as it should so why bother.

I will remove the canned cycle stuff from the fusion post, I can just leave the tool information there Auggie blows past it, it's going to be quite easy to do.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Thats the thing about Auggie, it will blow past stuff it doesn't understand or isn't instructed to do..for the
experienced, this is desirable though hard on beginners I imagine.. ( But then M3 is still available out there. :) )
  We've recently found WinXP is a problem for Auggie, though I have implemented fixes so it runs under XP
on next version.

So long as your comfortable with the scripting, almost anything is possible hardware wise, tool changers,
communications to devices..whatever. But, as a motion controller with few users, you DO have to do your
homework if you wish to integrate it with anything weird. Later this winter Ill be trying to make it drive laser
galvos, though I'm thinking that wont require much change,..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

It's only a 200 x 300 router, doing the touch off is nothing, all I need, is it to stop on a tool change.

Just leaving the tool info there is just as a marker really, I will have a go at doing a M1 first, I just have to go over your vids again It's been almost a year since I last had a go.

I have been learning java so I can do changes to the fusion posts it's all very much the same way of laying out the code, I am almost finished doing the changes to the Mach3 post so it can be used as a Auggie post, That's just doing // where the code is not needed I will go back latter and remove the bits that will never be needed.

I will have a run at the Fusion laser post as well what's just a edited Hass post The Hass post is there build from post.

There seem to be to many issues running Mach3 with my little machine, The pokeys instructions are not the best that does not help.
It's a communication problem between M3 and my computer. a fresh install lasts to the first G code is loaded then it is corrupted. It would take the same amount of time to find the problem as to write the code so I have decided to go with the new not the old.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

DanL:

All youd need to do is modify the M6 script already in Auggie to tell it to trigger a wait..

(Cant recall how to do that, but check the other script calls, I used it in there.. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Did not know there was one, thats how long its been.