Florish Trimming

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
John T
Old Timer

Florish Trimming

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I've managed to create a "T" and build a florish around it.  The florish around is was fertilized with "pi". (3.14159)

Some of the florish goes outside the square - not a problem but I would like to trim the parts outside the square and I'm stuck trying to do that trim.

Another little thing - is there any way to make my florishes just a single line - I often want a florish that is really just an engraving and so is only one line thick.  Any hints on how to do this?

Having lots of fun!

John
Attachments
T with florish.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Florish Trimming

Post by ArtF »

Hi John:

I'll soon be working on trimming tools for the module, and have added save project and load, as well as undo/redo. It will be released shortly ( a week or so I think..). There is no good way to trim or anything yet, that will come in time though. As a drawing program I find I have so much drudge work to do to make its architecture suitable for public use. So it now has a quad-tree for important points for mouse motion and connecting to previous points, and much of the necessary background capability. Ill soon start adding tools, offsetting and such..

A one line flourish can be done.. but only be me :) , I will add to my list a switch to allow for that , I was pondering a few new
ways to use the shaping algorithm now that it knows how to make the shapes anyway..

Art

John T
Old Timer

Re: Florish Trimming

Post by John T »

HI Art,
As always you're way ahead of me - I'll try and be patient - not easy for me.

Many Thanks
John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again