Clayton Boyer's Marigold

A Spot for User Mechs and Kinematic discussions
John T
Old Timer

Clayton Boyer's Marigold

Post by John T »

I hope you'll forgive me for posting this - it doesn't have a single gear in the whole mechanism so gearotic had no involvement it its construction - its just a fun, eye catching build.
Attachments
IMG_7433.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Clayton Boyer's Marigold

Post by Mooselake »

That looks pretty amazing, John!

Is that an architecture textbook in the background?

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

I think it looks great. Nice vanes. :)

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Good eye!

Its always difficult to get a perfect background - so yes the book is "Architecture - residential drawing an design" by Clois E. Kicklighter copyright 1976.

I've used it hundreds of times to find the "standard" design for the angle on the back of a chair or the working triangle of and effective kitchen, acceptable rise and run on stairs, etc. etc..  Its always been personal stuff but very useful.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

excellent work John,  looks awesome
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

John T wrote: the book is "Architecture - residential drawing an design" by Clois E. Kicklighter copyright 1976.

I've used it hundreds of times to find the "standard" design for the angle on the back of a chair or the working triangle of and effective kitchen, acceptable rise and run on stairs, etc. etc..  Its always been personal stuff but very useful.
My $5 used copy of the 1981 edition arrived today.  Not sure the chapter on T squares and erasing (still remember those...) is too useful, but the standard dimensions, room sizes, beam loading, etc. is what I needed.  Thanks for the reference!

My middle girl has a Masters of Architecture from MIT, but when I've asked her these kinds of questions she just tells me that's for the engineer to worry about.  Scary.

Kirk