Auggie Error Mesage

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Auggie Error Mesage

Post by Jerrywi »

Good Morning All.
I've been playing around with Auggie for Laser. I don't have it hooked up to anything yet, just playing around with the controls and running simulations.
Don't know what I did, but Auggie locked up on me and I can't get past the error screen. I've gone as far as uninstalling Auggie and reinstalling it, but it starts up with that same error screen. I've attached a screen shot of the error messages.
any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jerry
Attachments
Error Message.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie Error Mesage

Post by ArtF »

Hi Jerry:

Did you delete the profile folder? It may be you have set something bad by using the simulator, its a bit
weak and some operations could cause it confusion, it really prefers a real Pokeys to operate.

Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Hello Art.
not sure what I did. I was running sim on laser engraving a photo and everything appeared to be running fine. I then ran another grayscale photo and that's when I got the error message. I tried uninstalling Auggie and reinstalling it but that didn't work. Is there a way to reset? Sorry for the hassle.
Thanks in advance
Jerry
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Jerrywi wrote: I don't have it hooked up to anything yet, just playing around with the controls and running simulations.

Jerry
I run in the same problem long time ago playing in simulator and after i open " scripter" i got froze.
Don't even write something , just froze.
I try to restart PC , re install , nothing work.
I power up my laser and automaticaly connect to Pokeys and after everything went to normal.
That why i ask Art if the scripts take my system memory or pokeys
because if you play without connect Pokeys you run in some
random frozes and error. Probably the "sim" module purpose was for debug.
Thanks
Bobby
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

HI Guys:

Yes, simulator is too old and needs recoding as it was meant to emulate an older firmware version
of the pokeys, so sim other than just to run the screen can cause you trouble. Its OK to use sim just to
get to settings and such if needed.

To reset Auggie you need to erase or edit the profile file.. one of its settings may be corrupt
if it locks up during startup.. Always kleep backups of your profiles just in case..

Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Thanks Bobby and Art. I appreciate the feed back. I'll follow up on the profile edit.
Thanks to all
Jerry