Load external library DLL and exe in auggie ?

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
BobbyW
Old Timer

Load external library DLL and exe in auggie ?

Post by BobbyW »

It is possible to load external library DLL in auggie ? I mean,  as example,  i made a custom library with some functions " funct_1 , funct_2 " called via scripts who return a variable or just a simple index number, it is possible to create a ?" load button" with script  in auggie ? Of course need to be possible to create a script who load that DLL , or more , when the auggie start and after calling the functions in that DLL.
Also load button for a external executable , created for some different jobs like some algorithms difficult to create via scripts ? Right now i try to understand how scripts working in auggie , seems is not to much different from C , unfortunately in last 8 years , i work only with PLC and my programming skills decreased badly . But i will recover fast  :-\. I know was huge of work and time consuming writing auggie , is just a suggestion . Maybe is already possible and i don't know how to do . Also i thinking , loading a library DLL can avoid bugs in any auggie version .
And off topic question , where i can find all stable auggie versions, i install the new version downloaded from http://gearotic.com and some windows was blank , i search in my old downloads to find the last working laser window .It is possible to create here in forum a topic with all auggie versions ? Like that users can share bugs according with that version. Thanks
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Load external library DLL and exe in auggie ?

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bobby:

If you check the Dialogs scripts you should find an example of how to call an outside
program. TO be honest Im not sure if you can wait for a return but I see no reason why not.
The script language is a highly modified version of Monkey Script. There is little documentation
on it but you will find some on Google. In the video dialog's I think I called a shell command
to show the video. A similar approach may allow you to call an executable. I dont see
any way to allow a dll to be loaded though. That would take special hooking that I dont think
Monkey can do in its original form and I didn't add any commands for that.

Using the "block" command for a return from a function should be possible to allow you
to run a program of some sort, Im not to sure about how much feedback you can do though.

As to versions. Auggie has really only one version. The current one. Its a free controller and
one I use myself. It grows over time and is at times buggy if you update all the time. Im
afraid the blank screens were my fault for not keeping the panels updated in the release for
several releases. I have now updated them and you should see the screen I use as the new
PoKeysMotion screen.

I recommend as good process, to load the PokeysMotion screen, then save it as "MyScreen".
Then load "MyScreen". This will ensure your screen and any changes you make never get overwritten
by future installs.

Auggie is not a program that should be updated frequently and for most of its life has really
had one version. But this past year the ability to probe was added and this pointed out dozens of
bugs that were tracked down resulting in dozens of updated versions. Sorry for the blitz of versions,
I know it can get confusing. Keeping your screen as its own name can make an update seamless
though if you need to update.

If you change a panel, save it under a new name and use that when editing, this also ensures
updates are seamless and nothing changes on your screens. I do recommend you keep a backup
of your scripts folder. They may get overwritten unless you are using renamed scripts.

Feel free to post any bugs you wish to mention, I will let you know if they still exist,
or if there is a workaround.

Thx
Art

BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

ArtF wrote: Hi Bobby:

If you check the Dialogs scripts you should find an example of how to call an outside
program. TO be honest Im not sure if you can wait for a return but I see no reason why not.
Ok , i will check that soon i will go home and i will let you know.
I dont see any way to allow a dll to be loaded though.
I ask you because i saw some system DLL inside of auggie directory , so i has thinking you put there to avoid loading from "system" DLL's . I didn't try to see how Auggie work , like debug to see what routines auggie call, you are very nice and " open mind " owner so was more simple and efficient to ask you . To create a straight example point , i has thinking " to create a DXF to GCODE converter " than call a external compiled DLL and return the GCODE . Of course is simple to create a load button for " vexx" and convert that , how you say me some time ago. That why i ask you here because i know the library DLL should be loaded first on memory and after that create the calls.
That would take special hooking that I dont think
Monkey can do in its original form and I didn't add any commands for that.
So , you mean you can create a new " command " for monkey scripts ? I think new complex commands based on default language commands right ? I will made some research about monkey scripts.
Thanks Art
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Yes, to load a external executable work , i didn;'t figure out how to call the memory loaded funtions , i try to add a external library , didn't work very well. I still reading about M scripts .
https://youtu.be/hxjFPvRXwjc

Thanks