Almost there: Laser reacts strange around 1% power (and traps for beginners)

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Roman
Old Timer

Re: Almost there: Laser reacts strange around 1% power (and traps for beginners)

Post by Roman »

I get crazy...

10 minutes ago everything worked perfect.

But now I started Auggie again and the jogging does not work, the axis make repetitive rythmic erractic minimoves as soon as I de- activate eStop , the screen shows repetedly 'Pulse Engine initialized to boot' and 'All jogs off--com timeout'.
And 'wrong system state to jog'

UPDATE: Reinstalled 3.70 again, this time it akked to replace Gcode.DLL and I said yes. Can jog again and load GCode again but after GCode execution a long, long bunch of messages pop up. Part of it in picture below.

This becomes slowly a miracle behaviour.

I wait until you say you fixed the screen to include the laser Panel again and the rest with feedrate and then I do a super clean isntall again and from total scratch.

Best Regards
Roman
Last edited by Roman on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Almost there: Laser reacts strange around 1% power (and traps for beginners)

Post by ArtF »

Roman:

Try the new one just updated. It seems your error may be caused by having too many scripts turned on for panels unused or uneeded. Make sure only the following libraries are checked as on in the LIBrarian dialog.

Under GCode.. GCodeLib and SpindleLib-Laser
Under IO, MotionIO
Under System,  AxisConfigs, FreeAxis, SystemCallbacks, System Kernal

All other scripts should be turned off.

Let me know how that goes. I just burned several jobs in a row, and after each 3 I restarted the program.
No problems were seem. Make sure you enter a Feedrate in the DRO as it may have stored a zero for it.

Thx
Art
Roman
Old Timer

Post by Roman »

Hello Art

I did what you said.

Jogging works, importing GCode works.

But when I try to run a GCode (also a very fresh generated Auggie picture) I get a crash every time: 'Encountered impropper argument'

Error log is attached.

Best Regards
Roman

Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Roman:

Do me a favour and lower the lookahead to 150, does this change behaviour?

Thx
Art
Roman
Old Timer

Post by Roman »

Hello Art

Yes at 150 it works. Strange as I tried this before as well.  Can the PC be to slow at times for 300?

First thing I do now is make an disk immage of the whole PC.  :-)

Then I test forward and backward, Start it, re-start it, change to Mach 3 and back.
And then I go with Jerk from 5000 to 20'000
And then lookahead from 150 to 200 to 250, to 300.

If I kill it again with this tests I still have the Disk immage and can restore.

I am back to work now, so needs some time to do after work hours.

Thank you and will be back with results.

Best Regards

Roman

BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Roman wrote:
First thing I do now is make an disk immage of the whole PC.  :-)

If I kill it again with this tests I still have the Disk immage and can restore.
Hi Roman, for that is more useful deep freeze , i use it for years for some "crazy" tests and system file modification
More easy than image of PC , restore earlier whole system with one restart
https://www.faronics.com/products/deep-freeze/standard
Thx
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Roman:

I think whats going on is a memory limit. I used to use 300 look-ahead on small segment GCode, and it works fine. BUT,
if I load an Aug, specially if its created by Auggie in the same run, the memory gets low. During a run Auggie must keep
the image you used in memory as a lookup table for burning.
  What I found was at line 243 in the run when loading, creating and running an Aug, I got a memory overwrite failure.
Im going to see if I can put a memory check and lower the look-ahead if not enough memory is left but
Auggie is a program where I was pushing limits to see what was possible.

It does things time wise I wasn't sure I could get away with. Memory is similar. I didn't throttle it at all,
it just uses what it needs. When it runs out, things get bad.
  I suspect we'll be left with forcing a 150 look-ahead during photo operations, which doesn't matter as image
burning is very long line, no short segments really and is unaffected by a lower look-ahead.

I think what we've actually discovered here is our memory limit of what can be done. I hadn't hit it before.
Mach3 was possible because I did things programmers should never do. No one ever figured out Mach3
because its code was considered very very bad form. Auggie is written in that vein, its pushing every
limit. So for now, keep look-ahead at 150 unless you are doing short segment code, not photo burning
and I think we'll be OK. I burnt several  last night to make sure my galvo machine was still OK after
all the recent changes.

Auggie seems popular lately, and I've been fixing all sorts of bugs from its original form as more people
try things I had never tried. I suspect many other bugs reside in there as I use it mainly for image burning
or inlay type of thing. Now that probing and such is legal changes made to allow such things have probably
added in bugs. So be careful with it, but I think you'll be OK. If you get a crash, lower your look-ahead
while I look for a solution.

Art
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

ArtF wrote: Roman:

I think whats going on is a memory limit. I used to use 300 look-ahead on small segment GCode, and it works fine. BUT,
if I load an Aug, specially if its created by Auggie in the same run, the memory gets low. During a run Auggie must keep
the image you used in memory as a lookup table for burning.
  What I found was at line 243 in the run when loading, creating and running an Aug, I got a memory overwrite failure.
Im going to see if I can put a memory check and lower the look-ahead if not enough memory is left but
Auggie is a program where I was pushing limits to see what was possible.

Art
You mean auggie keep data in RAM , not external "temp" file ? It load entire program in memory to avoid timing delay from external temp file ? Maybe that is the explication why on some photo i test on my second laptop i got some strange error ( quad core 4gb/ram). That errors, same image never come on the second PC ( 2 xenon x 6 cores , 36gb/ram with the same auggie profile and settings.
Roman
Old Timer

Post by Roman »

could be as I 'drive' on the bare minimum on an old Shuttle barebone which I use for the CNC machine and which only has 3GB. It is quite old but was 100% sufficient so far. After booting W10 puls Norton allone consume about 1.5GB physical.
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Roman wrote: could be as I 'drive' on the bare minimum on an old Shuttle barebone which I use for the CNC machine and which only has 3GB. It is quite old but was 100% sufficient so far. After booting W10 puls Norton allone consume about 1.5GB physical.
So , is in RAM loaded. I understand why i got some errors on old one , and was 8gb/ram not 4 , i forgot , but like you see in picture attached , only opera browser loaded and one PLC compiler , let me only with 3gb/free .
On second one i never got any error , only when i made some  :-[
Attachments
my PC.jpg
lucru PC.jpg
Roman
Old Timer

Post by Roman »

Hello Art

It does not seem to be the Memory.

I tried with the biggest G-Code file I have. The maximum RAM Auggie consumes (at least what the Task Manager shows) is 165MB and I have plenty of memory free during the burning.
With this file it crashed all the time.

However, I tried to raise the look-ahead in steps: At 201 is the last working one. 202 and it crashes.

Best regards
Roman
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Roman:

It has to do with heap ram, not general memory. Its some relationship with heap in any event.
Ill let you know what I fond and why it faisl at various levels as I find out..

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Roman:

I think the problem is fixed, you can download the latest one now. I just ran with 450 line lookahead with no trouble.

Thx
Art
Roman
Old Timer

Post by Roman »

Hello Art
I installed the 'Freezer' from faronics you proposed....

I test with a frozen system this tomorrow. Thank you.

Roman
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Roman wrote:
I installed the 'Freezer' from faronics you proposed....
You can freeze the entire PC or just one partition .Normaly C:\ drive, and you can play with any modifications, even on registry and system files. Can delete , modify and on next restart are everything like before . Just don't forget to deactivate "deep freeze" when you want to install or modify any file in that partition , freezer will restore them on same state as before if is active.