auggie laser with pokeys57u+PoExtBusOC16-CNC

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

auggie laser with pokeys57u+PoExtBusOC16-CNC

Post by Richard Cullin »

this is very near a success ,
the PoExtBusOC16-CNC  comes with a pobus extn cable the 57u has the potential for a pobus extn connection . guess what
the cable is different to the 57u bus connector , the PoExtBusOC16-CNC dosn't connect there anyway . what are they thinking ?

my solution was to make a hat to sit on the 57u to provide the connections i need  and crimp a more suitable connector onto the pobus extn cable
Attachments
20190201_144757.jpg
20190201_144757.jpg (611.33 KiB) Viewed 1587 times

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

20190201_144806.jpg
20190201_144806.jpg (700.95 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
20190201_144814.jpg
20190201_144814.jpg (712.4 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Re: auggie laser with pokeys57u+PoExtBusOC16-CNC

Post by Richard Cullin »

major issue is with the motor enable signal .
thr 57u shares one enable pin with all motors ,i have chosen pin24 .its low to enable

when testing from the pokeys test jog set up  its works perfectly .  from auggie it disables fine but when the motors are enabled the signal pulses high for
94uS every 54mS  . movement is ok and unaffected but the motors are noisy .it can't be a good thing . i have tried pin1 also its the same

i also have a question re the laser power button , i want to set a pin high /low with it using setpindig() but cannot find what script is monitoring the button
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

20190201_144802.jpg
20190201_144802.jpg (614.27 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Post by Richard Cullin »

some inital scratchings,  i have not made any schematics for this. if any is interested i will provide pcb designs .
as is its a good way to auggie up a laser
Attachments
20190201_144828.jpg
20190201_144828.jpg (480.39 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Richard:

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware the pin-out issues, I've only used the 57cnc for my projects
so I haven't run into it. Good information to have archived here.

As to the scripts. Lets check the FIRE button for example. If you start the scripter and turn it on,
(green button on toolbar, red x to exit..) the mouse will then show information on a button if you
right click it. Right click the FIRE button and you'll see "Laser_Panel_But_0 : FIRE"

This means the button has an identifer BUT_0 ( as the first button does on any panel )
and has been decorated with Laser_Panel to become Laser_Panel_But_0 as a button
identifier. BUT, when I designed it I gave it a Variable name of FIRE. This means I didn't
need to attach any permanent script to it. This is the recommended way to design any
panel, while one can script a button in a panels design, it makes much more sense to give
it a variable name you wont reuse with another panel. Just make it unique, no two panels
should have the same variable name or only one will work.

So the Variable name of the button is Fire. Use the LIB button to open the Function
Librarian. Double click GCode to open it, and one at a time click on the libraries. When you
click on GCodeLib youll see all the functions in it, click on SpindleLib-Laser and you'll notice
it has a script called FIRE.  If Auggie sees a script of the same name as a variable button
it will be called when the button is pressed.

This makes it very easy to maintain or change a screen. Make any buttons you add have a
unique variable name, then add a Script of that name to be called on button press. In this case
youll notice the FIRE script does a test fire by reading another variables value ( A DRO with 
the variable name FIRETIME with " time = GlobalGet( "FIRETIME" )";

Same theory is applied for the DRO's, if they have a variable name, you can use GlobalGet to
retrieve its value no matter what type of control. An LED will return a 1 or 0 for off or on,
as will a toggle button. You can set a buttons toggle, leds state or DRO's value this way
as well.

So your question was on LaserOn. Doing this procedure, you'll find its variable name is ExtRelay2.
ExtRelay2 is a name of a permanent system constant, its the second relay on the motion pokey. It then
needs no script.
It is set to toggle on/off as a property of the button, and calls the variable ExtRelay2 so the system responds
without even a script to follow. Auggie knows certain words such as ExtRelay2. If one wanted relay 1
instead they need only rename the button to ExtRelay1. No scripts are needed for system constants, any
control from led, button or DRO may be hooked to a constant and Auggie will do the logical thing
with it, light the led for 0,1 or use the button to toggle a digital value or a DRO to display 0 or 1.

What YOU want is to have it call a script OR to set the pin you describe as a digital value.
Youd need to change the variable name of that button to MotionPin23 for the pokeys pin 23
for example. Youd use IOPin23 if it were pin23 on a second Pokeys used for additional IO.

All the pins of the Pokeys have the variable name MotionPinxx and may be used to hook LED's or buttons
to them. For example, adding an LED and giving it the variable name MotionPin16, that LED will then
automatically light up if the pin is high. Add a script by that name and it will get called whenever the value
of that pin changes ( including if you press a button to change it. ).

Let me know if I haven't explained this clearly, I know its pretty different from Mach3, but changing
what auggie looks like and does is trivial generally compared to Scream4's editing in Mach3.

Art

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

Sorry, I missed this one..

>>when testing from the pokeys test jog set up  its works perfectly .  from auggie it disables fine but when the motors are enabled the signal pulses high for
94uS every 54mS  

Im not sure why on earth that one would happen. I wonder if auggie is sensing the pin is just
a normal pin and setting it to what it sees as its stored value as a variable from Auggie. As Auggie
assumes a 57CNC, and sets a variable for each pin without affecting engine pins,  the two may
be conflicting with Auggie sending its low every 100ms to a varible pin,and the Pokeys then setting
it high. I wonder if you set that pin high in Auggie if it reverts to an opposite behaviour.

If you know the pin, in the script window enter GlobalSet("MotionPinxx",1) and run it to see if you get the
reverse. If so we may have to think up a way of telling auggie to ignore a pin variable somehow.

Art
Last edited by ArtF on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.