auggie with mpg

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Re: auggie with mpg

Post by Richard Cullin »

built one of these as a test , it works nicely but manually
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2560096
the pictures don't do it justice the dot is really small and sharp ,easily defined .
now for a automatic depoloyment system.
Attachments
reddot1.jpg
reddot.jpg
Last edited by Richard Cullin on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Richard Cullin wrote: unfortunately just noticed that the laser test fire button is inoperative when mpg mode active , kinda defeats the purpose . defeat snatched out of the hands of victory.
I've been kinda offline for a while and likely missed something in this discussion...

On my stock controller K40 the laser test fire button connects to the power supply and bypasses the controller, so it shouldn't matter if there's a pokeys or mpg.  The power supply also has it's own laser test button, guessing that just parallels the one on the control panel.  Is yours wired differently?

Is the loc-line fitting for an air assist?  Is it epoxied on?  I've got the lightobject air assist head, but it doesn't work very well with my 65 lpm aquarium pump; I think the air inlet ID is too small for the pump's pressure despite having bored it out.

Kirk
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Post by Richard Cullin »

Is yours wired differently?
yes I guess it is .  the k40 psu has two inputs to control the laser , first is an active low digital line to enable/disable laser power
second is a 0 to 5v analog input to control the laser power level. I have the auggie controlling both of these inputs. while its possible to " wire or "
the enable line but the analog input would need a switch to be either auggie or manual. I'm sure connecting the analog signals directly would have adverse effects. at design time I felt it best to just disconnect all the k40 controls for simplicity as the auggie laser panel had all the buttons that were needed.
one benefit of the visible loc laser is it makes mirror alignment dead easy.
Is the loc-line fitting for an air assist?
correct
Is it epoxied on ?
worse ,hotmelt glue
  I've got the lightobje ct air assist head, but it doesn't work very well with my 65 lpm aquarium pump; I think the air inlet ID is too small for the pump's pressure despite having bored it out
I have a air assist head to too but I find it makes getting work in/out of the k40 awkward since its so much closer to the work
so now I am now using a 3d printed nozzle  from thingverse with a nice quiet airbrush compressor. seems ok
problem with plastic nozzle is it can melt catch on fire if the air is not turned on  ???