Pokeys mapping pins correlation to the PCB connectors and pins.

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
danmauch
Old Timer

Pokeys mapping pins correlation to the PCB connectors and pins.

Post by danmauch »

I do have a pokey57CNC running directly with Mach3Mill. I also have it working with mach3turn to a limited extent.
The motors sound great. I have one on the bench and it sound like it running at a really high speed ~3000 rpm. really fast.
I used the 26pin IDC header marked db25 and it works fine. But there is one issue that I cannot find in the docs. That is pokeys pin mapping to connector pins. There are 53 pins in mapping. in other words what pins in mapping would connect to relay2 pins 1 and 2?
Dan Mauch
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pokeys mapping pins correlation to the PCB connectors and pins.

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

In Auggie youd simply make a call to set the relay on , or off. Pins 1 and two are simply the contacts of the relay
which is part of the pulse engine, not the pokeys itself, so it has no real pin number per say, its simply relay #1,
or Relay #2..

Whaty type of mapping are you attempting, is this in Mach4 and your trying to control the relay?

Art
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

Right now I am working with Mach3 pokeys 57cnc plugin.  I figure that if I can understand how  the pokeys mapping is related to the pins  on the pcb I'll have an easier time with auggie. And it would be nice to know when mach4 turn is finally available.
Dan Mauch

ArtF wrote: Hi Dan:

In Auggie youd simply make a call to set the relay on , or off. Pins 1 and two are simply the contacts of the relay
which is part of the pulse engine, not the pokeys itself, so it has no real pin number per say, its simply relay #1,
or Relay #2..

Whaty type of mapping are you attempting, is this in Mach4 and your trying to control the relay?

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

I havent used the 57cnc in Mach3, so I dont know how they number things like OC's or relays. They dont
connect to a normal Pokeys Pin per say, they are functional calls of their own in the library.. If you run the
Pokeys software, youll find the OC's and relays on the pulse engine config page.

Ask Brett how they connect to Mach3.. I imagine theres a call or virtual pin created for them..

Art