Auggie Requirements

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Auggie Requirements

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

I see some asking what it takes to run Auggie, till now I havent tried to say, as not enough of us
are running it. As always I like to KNOW it works on one machine or another before I claim compatabiliy.
Also, specs have been changing as I try to optimise various parts of Auggies internals, any controller is a
complex dance of timing and interrelationships of the modules, so if youve had trouble , try again,
and let us know if we can help.

So.. so far I have seen Auggie run on my 2 main computers, and one from Bob,

Win7 3.2Ghz Quad Core , 8 GB ram, runs properly on  56E, 56U and 57 CNC ( running Servos)
Win10 2Ghz, 2Gb ram runs properly on 56U, 56E, 57E, 57CNC.                    (running Servos)
Win10 1.2Ghz 2GB ram runs 56U, 57CNC but requires Network Boost mode. (running Steppers)

Any specs anyone finds that work, or more importantly DONT work, please list
them here so we can compare or possibly offer suggestions to make it work.

Also, I was asked early on when I would advise getting a pokeys, my answer is that I always
advise getting one if you need a cnc solution generally , but not to get one specifically for Auggie
till I can show you a system engraving a laser photo. Still not there , but getting awfull
close.  Im very pleased with motion and speed, scripting has been getting real powerfull as of late,
screen design is now orders of magnitude easier than in the past, as of the next version one can
design drag and drop modules of controls, and the release screen is subdivided into control
categories. 
  Final code section to be able to do the engraving is now under development , so I hope soon to be
able to show that video of a laser doing a photo under Auggie control with realtime power control,
and at that point the program could conceivably be used for any operations. Im sure a lot of bugs remain,
but only use over time will show what is required.

It was pointed out to me today that Auggie is now almost to the day, 9 months old from
start of development. Its now starting to come to life, and satisfying to watch. :)

Thx
Art