Finally hooked up and running 2 axis..

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Finally hooked up and running 2 axis..

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Should work for you. I id find I had to kill my router monitor, but other than that it runs well on it.
my table is way accross the room, so Im kinda glad to have it on ethernet. What kind of error do
you get?

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I think I am not doing it correctly I have win 10 I can't find most of the settings, if it was 7 that be a pieces of cake, I think it's just me and the instructions are a bit lacking on exactly how to set it up on win 10, but that will come and I have the new board what's super cool. it's one board I would recommend I think they stuck some Ai in it or is that auggie.

I have finally got my printer going so I will be trying the code tomorrow of the spindle 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

I think you do have to tell yo9ur router to allow UDP broadcasts if it doesnt by default..

Im working on a new release to address more errors and  bugs now that Im homing and such...
be a day or two..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

thanks art I will have a look at that
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

here is real short video of auggie running a SpiroGraph, shows on the paper the led red beam I use for testing and alignment.  :o
running at 2300 inches per minute in X and 700 inches per minute in Y

https://youtu.be/g1uzHxJrlKs
Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

Another quick video of the cylinder raising turning on the led test beam and showing the outlining of the Harley wings.
You might beable to see the reed prox switch on the air cylinder I'd like to see if I can determine position of LED lift station.

Gcode script inserts

{
 GlobalSet("BeamLEDToggle",1);//sets the button state, that toggle raises the cylinder and then turns on the red led.
}

{
 GlobalSet("BeamLEDToggle",0);//sets the button state, that toggle lowers the cylinder and then turns off the red led.
}

then as an EStop safety I added the commands  in the "Library SystemCallBacks" to toggle the button states to off, turning off the laser library controls if they might have be set on.

global OnDisable = function()
{
  GlobalSet("BeamLEDToggle",0);
  GlobalSet("AirBlowToggle",0);
 print( "--System -- System Disabled.");
};

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoRbCoDFdE
Attachments
screen36d.JPG
Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

And heres a video showing the Jerk settings and how they affect "my" system,
said hat way because your numbers will be very different.

But as you can see, the axis accel are set too high for them without
jerk limits, this allows for very fast acceleration after the initial SCurve.
The only thing changed in each run is jerk limit, this shows that
to tune the system, you really tune two things, accel, by setting it high enough
to allow fast takeoffs, an the jerk to set the takeoffs smoothness. The lower the jerk,
the smoother the motion, and the lower the speed average. The first 2-3 runs do not hit
1100 inches/min, the rest all do, tuning Auggie is selecting that which works best..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7lWyoA ... e=youtu.be

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

there was a very noticeable effect between each setting 500 to 5000 big differences then a small amount then bang bang last one 150000 looked good
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

I hope you got the pokey57 off that pink foam. It's usually anti static which means it conductive!!!!! Many years ago i was testing a circuit on a piece of anti static foam and I was getting erratic operations until it dawned on me that the foam was somewhat conductive. After replacing the foam with standoffs the problem went away.

Dan Mauch

ArtF wrote:             Well, I finally moved my 57CNC to the controller box, just lying on it foam protector till my standoffs come in,
got my Axis up and running. In Darwin I could run at about 11000 as a max, in Auggie, its scaring me at 30,000mm/minute,
so I have to turn it down I think. Awesome first tests though. The application of Jerk shows noticeable difference through
its range and Ive never seen the arms move so fast.

So far, Im pretty pleased. I still have laser supplies and all that to hook up, but initial testing is really pleasant
as to the lasers motion. Ill post a video showing various jerk conditions and the resultant runs of a test pattern to show
how Jerk Limiting can smooth out motion to allow higher accels, at least on this heavy beast.

Latest version of Auggie is online with Feedrate override included. It works pretty awesome here,
with instant slowing to any percentage speed. Very handy for slowly starting up the system.. If I can get
this type of performance while scanning with the laser, Ill be quite happy.

Heres a photo of the control box system as it sits so far..

Just an update.
:)

Art

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Actually, its on standoffs now.  High rsistance on that pink foam, doesnt
seem to affect much at low voltage...

:)
Art
danmauch
Old Timer

Post by danmauch »

Happy to hear it's on standoffs. When I had problems is was only running at 24V and there was a 5V circuit also. The way I found it was that I was measuing something with my dvom and and when I pressed down on the probes the reading changed. Sfter making sure it wasn't a loose part i measured the foam and said wow!.

Dan Mauch