Auggie crash

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
DanL
Old Timer

Auggie crash

Post by DanL »

Auggie crashes

Hi art just playing I watched your vid and I am trying to set the button like you did in the vid as soon as I push run it crashes, or it will crash if I type Button.

I can't get YaNvrNo examples to work ever.

does auggie need to be attached to a pokeys to just play around.

got it to stop crashing don't know what I did I can't get it to work like you have in your vid at all.
Last edited by DanL on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanL
Old Timer

Re: Auggie crash

Post by DanL »

did a reinstall it fixed it.
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

DanL;

Possibly something on your network causing an interrupt, here's the post  http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index. ... ic=1427.15

Cheers
Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi bob
I have not got the board yet ordering this week, I can make one off the crashes happen every time I will do a vid showing it.

the other problem not getting YaNvrKnows scripts to work I would say I am not doing something correctly.

does auggie need to be attached to a pokeys to just play around. and just this question
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan

No, no pokeys is needed, but as I usually have one hooked I may be missing the crashes. Im killing the crashes as I go here,
and hopefully soon they will lessen each version. ( I remeber Mach3 uses to crash daily.. :) )

My videos are made with fresh versions so sometimes you need to get the next update to duplicate,
BUT, I think your problem may be that if you edit a screen, you should probably save and reload it before doing what
I do, loading a screen init's a lot of things internally, and Im still fighting them to make them all automatic on creation..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

adding a button to the existing screen it was just not working at all, the code in your vid.

new screen it was working the bit where you say push shift and hover over a button and right click it will auto fill, if I left clicked instant crash, new and old screen it happened over and over again. I screen cast it and post the log.

still can't get YaNvrNo's first sheared script to work, I do it like he has in his picks it just does nothing same as his cross heer example.

a lot of the monkey scripts online work, so I am still learning
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:
Ill have a new version for you shortly I think, Ive repaired many things to eliminate a lot of the crash capabilities,
(Reminds me of early mach3, had to kill dozens.. :)
  Ive killed the naming bugs as well so the crash shouldnt occur as easily or as frequently.. We're getting closer all
the time I think.. I almost never crash, so its a matter of getting to my level for the rest of the machines..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I am still weeks away but I am picking it up, it's close to arduino stuff, what helps a bit, it just the math functions and the higher level stuff, I found some stuff I can print of what will help it just need some changes done to it, so it's auggie version not game version. craig's examples help to get the syntax correct.
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi Art can you does us a favor can you do a vid off adding YaNvrNo first Shared Function the spiral one. for the life of me I can't get it to work, I am sure I am doing everything correctly.
it keeps coming up that it's broken after I add the script, before I add it and just run the main script it's fine.

I can load up a gcode and that shows up, if I add the Gcode to the multi line MDI and single and try to step true it, it does nothing.

the log is not working at all.

I was playing with this bit of code the other day.
myData = table( Name = "Test", Weight = 60 );

print( myData[ "Name" ] );
print( myData[ "Weight" ] );
myData["Name"] = "Albert";
myData["Test"] = "Some Text Here";
print( myData[ "Name" ] );
print( myData[ "Test" ] );

this is working sometimes.
the other day it was fine.

doing the button script from your vid work's sometimes.

it may be because I don't have a board yet, or that I am on win 10, I am going to see if i can try getting it to work on the wife's computer it's win 8.1
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

The Debug log is now turned on by a checkbox in the config ribbon bar, youll see it just by the Audio setting..

>> can load up a gcode and that shows up, if I add the Gcode to the multi line MDI and single and try to step true it, it does nothing.

Multiline MDI will not single step, it will ( or should) start execution on the line its set to by mouse or keys, 
and should run to the end.. with one run press, only the single line MDI will step by step execute..

I havent tried the spiral demo myself as yet, so Ill look at giving it a shot..  Generally, when you find a run provides no
compile errors, but then shows "broken" , it usually means a routine is being called it doesnt recognise, or parameters
are bad.. it can take a bit to get used to "why" and I think I need to do a video with broken scripts to show how to
debug or whats up..

Art

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Sorry it took me so long to figure out your trouble, It hadn't  occurred to me what exactly would happen with no board..
but I see now that the trajectory planner would not properly empty without a running motion board. Ill post a video
shortly to show the running script, it actually runs quite easily here, but I can see now why you'd have trouble.
  I really should write a imulator for it when I get far enough along so it can be played with without a board, as I have about
6 pokeys here, Im always connected to one or another so I hadn't tested without one.

I do thank you for showing me what happens without hardware.. :)

So expect weirdness with anything that tries motion, you'd have to replace the motions with drawiing commands, and
we haven't shown you any of those yet..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

cool thanks Art it good to know I may have been doing it correctly, will keep playing with the other bit's I want to try
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

vid was big help art I was doing correctly thank you, if i hit run it's ok, broken does not show up, if I step through it does show as broken the log shows it tried, then if I kill all threads then hit run it's ok.
the script window on the main screen shows it tried to run it in the log so all good.

so if something is going to fail it should show up as broken in both run and step through, if it only fails on the step through it would say it going to be ok.

I have just ordered the 57cnc it's on the slow boat exchange rate is a killer, it may show up at the end of feb unless borisz is nice and upgrade the shipping for free.

anyway I know where I stand with the code running with no board so I will know what is a bug or what will not work at all.
fun fun
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

I think Ill be adding a simulator to it in the near future so people can play with scripts when bored with no machine..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

8) 8) 8) 8)