Auggie becomes unresponsive and has to be restarted

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
joemac05
Old Timer

Re: Augie becomes unresponsive and has to be restarted

Post by joemac05 »

By the way I am only connected with USB I have not gotten around to connecting the Ethernet. Win 10/64...
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

It was working fine so I stopped and read a news article... then when a came back it was toast again.

OK after deleting many lines of the log file I got it down from over 6 megs to something I can upload. I see now the error log is over 11 megs, time to shut Augie down, I was not doing anything and its still logging the same error.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Just started it, made a couple of moves and the just checked the log now and then... and it took off.

I'll upload this one and call it a day.
Attachments

BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Joemac;

I believe you must use the Ethernet plug of the pokey found on 56 or 57's, not USB.. I suspect this is where problems come from in your case.

Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Joe:

Actually, ethernet or USB should be fine, but I havent tested USB in several versions. That error datum is showing a serious problem in your transmissions, Ill investigate, thx for the notification. I use net on the 57, so Ill switch to a usb device. Was this the 57 your using?

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Sorry Joe:

I see its the 57.. Im running tests on a 56U, its been runnign a spiral cut for awhile, but Ill look into the error
to see what it means, likely I pushed the envelop a bit far. :)

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Joe:

Thx for that report. Ill try to get a usb long enough to plug my 57 in on it, my 56u seems to run fine. Im probably messing up somewhere,
but its reports like that which will point me to it. After the holidays, I'll check the error datum with the guys at Pokeys to see
if it helps pinpoint anything.. When you see a line like this..

Error datum:
58:52:919  AA 85 04 00 00 00 B1 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 7D 80 0A 01 00 00 61

it basically means the Pokeys reset itself beacuse it became confused. Ill switch the system responce to disconnect so you wont seem locked up.. it will stop the error from repeating and filling your log, which Ill be making more selective shortly..

Thx
Art
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

I switched it over to Ethernet and all seems to be fine Art. I went out to run some errands and left Auggie sitting there doing nothing. When I got home the screensaver had timed out and shut off the monitors and somewhere along the line it triggered the estop, but just reset the estop and all was well. Of course if I was running an actual machine I would have screensaver turned off. USB is the problem. And yes it is a PoKeys57CNC.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

cool , thx Joe,

I'll shcedule a check to see if I can find that error just in case a person wants USB :)

Art
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Getting the odd stoppage yet. Run the spiral whenever the system is running and leave it going when I go out somewhere, that way I know it's not me mucking it up. Just came home to an estop, here is the log.
Attachments

joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Although I suppose it is possible a cat walked across the keyboard....  ::)
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Had to shut Augie down and restart it to get things working again.....
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Joe:

This log also points to connection issues. Similar to my router error, but more accute.
Im looking into it. I found the source of my trouble, my SmartTV is on wireless,
the signal was 48% and it occasionally disconnected, that caused a .3 second glitch
on my network and hosed the connection with my Pokeys, ( which requires that you never lose touch
for more than 100ms or so. ).
    You may want to check your router is up to date on firmware, or check its log to
see if any errors show up at the appropriate time. Im convinced Im probably also doing
some things perhaps that may cause such a thing, but Im thinking they will show up as we get more done,
I appreciate the tests, systems that work great dont show me too much , yours shows
at least a weakness in the comm's, I'll see what I can do..

Thx
art

joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

It's a 16 port router with no empty slots and it is NOT new. I have a number?  of WiFi routers around the claim here as well. It's a wonder anything works at all. The present day connectivity is always pushing the envelope. of course and even my Christmas lights are on there as well. (not that they use any bandwidth) I'm just reporting results to do my bit.... I think if I was running a machine in anger I would get it the hell off the main network somehow but time will tell. Let me know if there is a particular test you want me to try... I can screw up most anything, although since I quit drinking quite some time ago so I am no longer able to give it the six beer test.  :D
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Joe:

I hear you, Im the same way. I just updated my router today because my TV was at 40%.. anow its pegged at 100. :)

Im sure these types of timing issues will show themsleves as more people report experiences, hopefully we can find
some way of testing to prove it all, in the end Ill ikley hook my laser to a network card on its own network..but
so far, even on a busy network, its seems pretty good .. too few testers yet though for that to mean much..

Art