Ticker Vectric project files

Files, photos and discusions on Tickers and kinetic devices.
Dan1931
Old Timer

Ticker Vectric project files

Post by Dan1931 »

I am quite familiar with Vectric. I have been using Aspire for over five years.
I have looked in Vectric for the project files for the ticker.
At this time they are not in the Vectric project files.
Where can I find these files?
Dan
John T
Old Timer

Re: Ticker Vectric project files

Post by John T »

Hi Dan

I create whatever I'm working on in GT (Ticker) and get it on the Project Screen,  On the Project screen there is a button DXF.  I export whatever piece of the ticker I want with the DXF button and save it to a Folder of my choice and then repeat that for each piece I want to put into Aspire.

In Aspire there is an "import vectors" button and I use that to import the item from the folder that I created.

From there on I stay in Aspire doing whatever mods. I want and creating the gCode with Aspire.

I only go the other way (Aspire to GT) if I'm creating a spoke or and indicator.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
Dan1931
Old Timer

Post by Dan1931 »

I under stand how to use Aspire. That is not my question.
On the Ticker tutorial Art tells us that there is a web site to got to down load the files for this ticker.
The note at the end although it is not very definitive points me to Vectric.
My question is. Since the files are not apparent in Vectric, Where are the referenced files.

Dan
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Dan;

You can find them here..  http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index.php?topic=908.0

cheers
Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Dan1931
Old Timer

Post by Dan1931 »

Bob. The site you put in your last message does not have the info I want. It is the site that caused me to ask the question in the first place.
Dan
Dan1931
Old Timer

Post by Dan1931 »

Hi Art; After viewing your video "Designing and constructing a Ticker" I have the urge to build one.
I quote you from that video."The plans for scimitar  Including the drawings and Gcode files and so on will be available at a web address  I will post at the end of this video. Everything will be made public domain so that people who wish to make a copy of scimitar ten, my hope though is that people will begin to understand how these things are designed so they can begin to design them selves".
I don't know what happened but the posting at the end of the video does not contain that info.
Would you be so kind as to post the information where I can find the data to get me started.
Thank you for all your generous contributions. They have peaked my interest and are Greatly appreciated.
Dan

BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Dan1931;

Link http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index. ... 908.0  appears to be proper link for constructing a Ticker. You'll notice in Art's post at the bottom a file called "simitar.zip", download it, unzip it and in there you'll find all files require for you to build one.

Cheers
Bob
;)
Gearotic Motion
Bob