First cut with new Maslow CNC

Post your results here. Share with the world.
Mooselake
Old Timer

First cut with new Maslow CNC

Post by Mooselake »

I needed something to test my newly constructed roller chain drawbot style 4x8' CNC machine.  What better than an 8" diameter Gearotic gear?  The tabs worked perfectly :)  Otherwise I think mine still needs some more calibration, and the firmware (under active development; it's complicated math, a servo made with brushed essentially winshield wiper motors with worm gear reduction and an 8192 count optical encoder)  is still a work in progress.  It's within a sixteenth tooth to opposite tooth, not so much for the circle spokes. Otherwise, well, it's a Charlie Brown Special.

It's on the new wall of shame, at least until that wall of my long talked about 20x24' shop space gets insulation and drywall.  Can't wait until the 4' diameter kinetic sculpture.

Kirk

Attachments
BigGearTest.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: First cut with new Maslow CNC

Post by ArtF »

looks like a bit of backlash going on..  but progress is happy none the less.. :)

I too have been busy this summer, so Im just starting some cnc'ing for a ticker project Ill post soon hopefully.
My deck is resurfaced, side projects almost all done.. Hope to get back at it all shortly.

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

The sled the router is mounted on it too light and rocking back and forth.  I hope to make a better one tomorrow, after browsing (what moose do 😀) the lawn with the rzt54.

If it worked right the first time everybody would be surprised, although that one was pretty sad

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Yeah, cant count how many bad visual starts Ive had on various machines startup... Keep at 'er....

Art