GearHeads Corner
January 17, 2021, 12:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Version Release 1.11 of GT.  (Read 2783 times)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »

Hi All:

A new version of GT is released, it contains fixes for possible linkage errors. It has an added
"Add Shaft" button, so you can now delete shafts and add new ones. ( Only to gears without
shafts..).
  It has GT2-2mm and GT2-3mm added, BUT the data seems interpola ted from Gates DXF's..
and Im not sure its quite right, so their at the end of the pulley list untill I get verificat ion they work
or not..
  Bevels may now be reversed in direction . However, this causes a gimble lock bug in the simulator,
which makes them no mesh properly in simulatio n. It doesnt affect data, just the look of the sim. Its
a low priority fix on my list. ( mainly cuz its hard on my head when dealing with gimble lock .. Smiley )

We should be much more crashproo f now.

Thx
Art

BobL
Gearotic Motion
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »

Thanks Art..

Gearotic Motion
Bob
ftkalcevic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:45:55 PM »

I downloade d the latest version today - I think it's the latest version - there's no version number in the about box.

Just a couple of minor issues...

* When typing in the edit boxes when a gear is selected, hitting the "DEL" key to delete a character prompts with a dialog to delete the gear.
* The first thing I did when I installed GT for the first time was to checkout the new GT2-2mm pulleys.  I didn't quite get what I was expecting - see attachmen t.  This went away when I switch the Units from inches to mm in the Global settings.

* gt2-2.png (79.02 KB, 1152x901 - viewed 341 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »

Thx

Ill fix up both..

Art
Devin Wyatt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »

It has GT2-2mm and GT2-3mm added, BUT the data seems interpola ted from Gates DXF's..
and Im not sure its quite right, so their at the end of the pulley list untill I get verificat ion they work
or not..

Hi Art,

Just wondering if it was ever verified that these new profiles work properly? I'm looking to use the 2mm version.

Thanks,
Devin
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »

Hi Devon:

To this point Im still not sure. No complaint s, which is a good sign..the interpola tion looks
good in the math.. so I "think" your ok..

Art
Devin Wyatt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »

Alright, well I will proceed assuming they are correct and if I have any problems I will report back!
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

Thanks Devin:

If ou have trouble let me know and Ill try to adjust them for you. Hopefully your 3d printing them...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: