GearHeads Corner
February 17, 2020, 02:21:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HTD pulleys  (Read 2359 times)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:41 AM »

Hi:

Here is a very successfu ll HTD3mm pulley printed today. It fits ..well..e xcellentl y. Its exactly as good as I could purchase from anyone and be happy with it. An HTD3mm of this size is just about impossibl e to machine generally, and this took 45 minutes to print. BUT, due to the "linear error accumulat ion" I mentioned in an earlier post, you have to find the right scale factor for your printer. Mine was .98, and when you compare the three I printed at 1.00, .99 and .98 , they look identical, but only this one fits the belt like a glove.

Its actually the first time Ive made a small HTD with any method because their simply too hard to make with other technolog ies. So for nbow, I consider Bevels and small timing pulleys to be 3d printable as their primary goal of creation. ( Unless you have a pretty good shop and can cut these small teeth accuratle y..edm maybe I guess. Smiley

I should mention I printed these on Fast/Rough otherwise the finsh woudl have been much smoother, but taken longer to print. Smiley )

Thx
Art

* HTD3mm 001.jpg (311.78 KB, 800x600 - viewed 585 times.)

* HTD3mm 002.jpg (285.74 KB, 800x600 - viewed 533 times.)
Dan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

Excellent, Art! Hmm... when did you say they were expected to lower prices on those printers. .. Wink

Dan
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »

Hi Dan:

Smiley

They have to come down eventuall y. There really isnt much in them. From what I see the differenc es between printer quality is primarily software. This one is pretty clever about how its doing support and finishing the outside surface. Its why the quality comes out looking so sharp.

Art
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: