GearHeads Corner
November 19, 2019, 10:56:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What software are poeple using to get form gearotic to print  (Read 7580 times)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »

Gavin:

For anything other than bevels it should be trivial. Just import the 2d dxf with spokes and all into whatever solds program you have. Then select that outline and extrude it to the depth you want. It should be a trivial operation in any 3d program. Bevels are different, there is no outline to extrude , its a process. But all other gears should probably be extruded in the solids program of your choice from the 2d dxf.

STL's are great for what half of the world wants for operation s upon, but when you need solids, you really need to create them from the 2d data I think, until such time as I can add a .step output..

Thx
Art
Pabs Angelo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »

How do you draw in sketch up a bevel gear dxf output?
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:25 AM »

Hi :

I doubt you can, Bevels are quite complex objects and a DXF doesnt really have all the informati on youd need to
make one. Youd be better off using some stl program to try to convert the stl output to a solid..

Art
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: