GearHeads Corner
August 03, 2020, 06:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pokeys 57cnc wiring  (Read 414 times)
tomislay

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »

Greeting
here a beginner with auggie software.
need help how to connect pokeys 57cnc with k40 power supply? I mean wires. i am using auggie version 3.7 which communica tes with pokeys 57cnc.

* pokeys57.JPG (133.32 KB, 913x840 - viewed 26 times.)

* laser napajanje.JPG (19.57 KB, 437x189 - viewed 28 times.)
BobL
Gearotic Motion
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »

Hi;

I suggest you first review these 3 tutorial video's,  Auggie Laser Control Intro tutorial, Auggie 3D Laser Control tutorial, and Auggie Laser Operation tutorial. Our YouTube links can all be found here https://www.gear2motion.com/laser-setup

Cheers
Bob
 Wink

Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 09:39:38 AM »

Hi:

There is a few posts on a K40 wiring in the Auggie section, go the forum home screen and enter K40 as a search term, youll find
several posts on how others have wired their machines. K40's can vary in their makeup from what Ive seen. Usually it takes
a bit of hookup to convert the signals.

Art
tomislay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 05:33:04 AM »

sorry i was busy. if i understoo d correctly i need to pokeys57c nc connect laser trigger to step pulse motor 8. and PWM4 to pin18 pokeys57. i have another question whether step laser ignition should be inverted or not. if need be if the software or do I need hardware-inverted signal.
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »

Hi:

You dont need to use step motor 8 for connectio n to anything, the stepmotor 8 display shows motion
during shooting only because that channel is used as the pwm control word internall y for the pwm channel
real time control you use to trigger the laser. You can use any of the 4 pwm channels to do the actual control.

Art
tomislay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:08:36 PM »

Hi:

You dont need to use step motor 8 for connectio n to anything, the stepmotor 8 display shows motion
during shooting only because that channel is used as the pwm control word internall y for the pwm channel
real time control you use to trigger the laser. You can use any of the 4 pwm channels to do the actual control.

Art

If I understoo d correctly PWM turns on the laser only a small amount of time to get a percentag e of the power.
 And the pot still determine s the max output power. Which means that I need to connect to a PWM contact shooting laser.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: