GearHeads Corner
August 07, 2020, 09:59:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual side effect of enabling/disabling decorations within gearotics  (Read 426 times)
BillM

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »

Art

I'm in the process of regressio n testing my previousl y published simulatio n models of
of an E Howard Tower Clock mechanism and a chronomet er.

I stumbled across an oddity while trying to replace component s on the clocks with my indicator s
that I had used before.  The indicator s would not load.  At first I thought perhaps that
my dxf files of the indicator s were somehow corrupted .  I then realized that any of the
standard indicator s, for instance alien hour hand, loaded with the hand completel y filled in.
The same held true for any of the other standard indicator s that had cutouts.

The solution to my problem was to make sure that "decoratio ns" were enabled within gearotics .
Once I enabled decoratio ns the different indicator s loaded properly.  I now know to always have
decoratio ns enabled.

I don't really consider this a bug merely an undocumen ted feature of the decoratio ns settings.

Bill Michael

BobL
Gearotic Motion
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »

Thanks for your feedback Bill.
 I agree, so many little things to keep in mind when dealing with gears and spokes, yet another example. By default, the "no decoratio n" is set unless users decide to do so and check on the enable box.

Cheers
Bob
 Smiley

Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »

Thx Bill:

I will take note of that..

Art