GearHeads Corner
September 26, 2020, 11:02:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: My laser engraver from 0 knowledge to 11.362% .... probably  (Read 10008 times)
BobbyW

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »

Its been very nice watching your progress to the point where you've mastered both
Auggie and your laser. Im impressed .

Art

Thanks for you kind words . I was off a while bussy with my house
I was surpised when i comeback to laser, i change the laser room and after some days i try to engrave a small photo 80x94mm and a error pop out "exasperat ion code " xxxx
dont ask me the error number because i forgot until next day . Single way to pass that error was to change the size at 81x96mm or other size and work fine . After some hours i try to reproduce that error
but was impossibl e , no error at all. No ideea what was about .
I will post some pictures , work better and better .
Thanks again to everyone

* Ceas perete.jpg (142.57 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 26 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2020, 07:50:23 AM »

Yeah, those codes are appropria tely named. They drive me nuts at times..

(Nice work)

Art
BobbyW

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »

(Nice work)

Art

Thanks ... well like i says , i'm on again playing with my laser and i figure out something strange and very important in my opinion.
When i was in France i buy some good quality playwood from Germany so the photos engrave ok . Some days before i start to engrave one photo , a normal resolutio n like 1200x1600 px and
surprise , the laser even i increase the power more than i was need before for same type of dimension , 140x210mm refuse to made the dark brown color on wood .
Literaly he cut deep almost 1mm and no way to get even brown , i got something like very light brown . I got piss off and i start to made a ,mess tru' my polywood to found that piece of same type of material .
No way to find , but i'm ordonated in my way and usualy i memorise everythin g i made for any photo i engrave . I set my laser identical , i take one good succeded photo and i engrave same code on the back of that photo .
Same story , the laser cut but dont burn .......  Huh Huh
Well ... doing the time back in my memory i remember , when i was in France the polywood has always some high moisture because humidity was very high in my town . Moving back in Romania , humidity is normal here
maybe a little dry if don't rain for a while . And.. i take one ordinary polywood , a brush with water on both sides , a thin layer , i let to dry couple of minute and i start engrave .
In that moment the dark brown almost black coming on the wood.
In conclusio n , if polywood dont have hight moisture , the full white-brown scale is impossibl e .

Out of toppic ... what gcode comand use Auggie to change the power of a laser 0-100 ?
I found a extension for inkscape , i modify the code and now work perfect with auggie but wont change the power level . I need to do manualy anytime .. no clue Undecided

Some work below
I forgot to say .. the image was very low resolutio n , only 540px and 44kb
Thanks
Bobby

* WhatsApp Image 2020-08-28 at 00.52.26.jpg (157.77 KB, 900x1600 - viewed 22 times.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 05:39:22 PM by BobbyW » Logged
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2020, 10:07:23 PM »

Hi:

Good to know about th emoistur elevel..t hx

For power, just use a spindle command, like S100 for 100%, and S50 for 50%..

Art
BobbyW

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2020, 11:46:47 PM »

For power, just use a spindle command, like S100 for 100%, and S50 for 50%..

Art

Well .. that i try in first case , but without succes , i try to research . No way to control power during the GCODE. Also i try in single MDi ,
same result , the power will not modify ,only manualy on input box or slider.
Also today i want to add a button on screen for one realy , and no way to made it to work.
I start watching you tutorial here https://youtu.be/AtnLlfho5BU , but no way to see the code for other buttons like i see in you vid.
So .. i anyway i was needed two buttons so i say to made a small screen with two or more buttons and when i try to destroy screen for new one
i receive two different errors everytime when i want to destroy screen .
I even update the auggie on last version i found on website but same result .
I put some screensho ot below .
 The system is win7 x64 and i will dont change for 10 or whatever , i work hard to downgrade the bios to bypass the win7  Sad
thanks

Edit: ups , upload the wrong screensho Undecided
Bobby

* error destroy screen 1.jpg (133.5 KB, 959x455 - viewed 21 times.)

* Error destroying screen.jpg (139.86 KB, 992x489 - viewed 19 times.)

* Screenshot_1.jpg (6.35 KB, 539x65 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:00:17 PM by BobbyW » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: