GearHeads Corner
September 20, 2019, 01:44:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My laser engraver from 0 knowledge to .... i dont know  (Read 58 times)
BobbyW

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:39:21 PM »

Hello everyone. So , is my first post here obviously , and from totaly "0" knowledge of CNC machines or GCODE i start to build my own laser engraver ,cutter, whatever will be  Shocked.
First thanks to Art and tweakie for first advices what i should buy and try for laser engraver. Initialy i want to build for my wife and fun but after time passing , i take it personaly, is alot of learn about CNC machines and that keep me intereste d on.
Good things and bad things about my start always are, of course.
Good one's has, i just start without any schematic and i just adjust everythin g in work procces. I buy newma 23 2.0n clossed loop stepper , pokeys57C NC and of course auggie . Start like a charm. I didn't finish to install the laser yet but i hope i managed to calibrate the steps ,axes, everythin g. Some limits switch missing but soon will be done too. I manage to learn how to tune and set in pokeys ......i'm up,,, i think  Roll Eyes
Bad things , i didnt realy understan d how all GCODE comands work " time is to short " to much informati on on strange field for me .
Second , i don't manage to install augie correctly on lenovo w530 64bit win7 pack1, i7.8G ram, SSD. I got some strange error on start to install auggie " this program stop" and after windown recover the problem and install work correctly, probably my stupid antivirul open in sandbox first. But it work.
Other thing is , until 2 min of trying push Estop i got engaged, disengage t message and i need to push again Estop until 20 times to get working. That happen only on network, USB work perfectly . I try in bridge, DHCP router only and home router linksys EA6900 , fixed IP, private class, everythin g. Probably is misssconf iguration in profile , i dont know.
Other is PWM, i didnt manage to try on others pins, but is engaged on analog out at 17 i think 0-10v, still dont have time to measure everythin g correctly . That in the feature. I read here to use others pins from trusted user , tweakie.
I'm electroni c engineer, ASM , C programme r but is first time on CNC mashining, is alot to learn and ...
So that's it..... i'm up
I put some pictures below , and ignore the mess, is for everyone of as who learning. ....
Critics are welcome and sry for my poor english
Still i didn't figure out how to load DXF in auggie for cutting and in wich program i should use to build the vector

* 1.png (1298.99 KB, 900x1600 - viewed 16 times.)

* 2.png (1494.84 KB, 900x1600 - viewed 10 times.)

* 3.png (1523.31 KB, 1600x900 - viewed 9 times.)

* 4.png (1343.15 KB, 1600x900 - viewed 12 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:16:24 PM »

Bobby:

Well , your off to a good start being that you managed to tune your steppers and such.

>>Other thing is , until 2 min of trying push Estop i got engaged, disengage t message and..

Check your network delay setting in the final page of axis settings. Some need 1, some need 0
in that setting for network use.

>>Still i didn't figure out how to load DXF in auggie for cutting and in wich program i should use to build the vector

You can load a dxf into Vexx and select all contours, then edit/group, then press the quickGcod e button. This
will put out code for lasers from a dxf. Auggie will only load photos to make Gcode from, not dxf's. It will load
Vexx's Gcode though.

Yell when confused. .

Art
tweakie

Super Kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:10:30 AM »

Hi Bobby,

Will it be a CO2 laser that you are installin g and what is the wattage ?

Tweakie.
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 08:37:15 AM »

Hi Bobby!

Welcome to the forum!  I don't know means you realize there's always more to learn, and despite some occasiona l frustrati on that's where the fun is.  Keep us posted on how you're doing, and don't forget those safety glasses, only takes seconds to ruin your eyes.

Hi Tweakie!  When did you add a forum to your site, and is that a new host?

Kirk
tweakie

Super Kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:13:42 AM »

Hi Tweakie!  When did you add a forum to your site, and is that a new host?

Hi Kirk,

I had to change website hosting following a change of policy by my service provider. The website was added just so that different 8 bit image laser engraving technique s could be discussed but unfortuna tely there has been little or no interest.

Tweakie.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: