GearHeads Corner
January 28, 2020, 03:08:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simulation A combined gravity escapement and motion works model  (Read 429 times)
BillM

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »

Art

I'm continuin g to push the limits of the vector processor's simulatio n capabilit y.  I'm starting to experimen t with combining previousl y created mechs.

My last posted simulatio n was of a gravity escapemen t that I wasn't completel y happy with.  I have since redesigne d it to correct the flaws in the escapemen t timing and then tuned the escapemen t to get a more regular beat.  The attached vcp file is the result of my experimen t to combine projects.

I've also changed my procedure to start the escapemen t portion of the model.  I start the simulatio n and then gently pull the pendulum left until it nearly touches the fixed arm stop & then release it.

I've combined the improved escapemen t with my previous motion works model.  I removed the motor from the motion works model and then linked the escapemen t vanes with the minute hand gear of the motion works.  I scaled the vane motion to the minute hand gear to get slow down the turning of the minute hand.

I've tested the model on a Windows 8 machine & on my dell notebook that runs Win10.

I had the model running for about 1/2hour.  Hopefully it runs well on your machine too.  I run at 100% simulatio n speed.

Bill

* GravityEscapement-MotionWorks.vcp (393.2 KB - downloaded 48 times.)
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 08:46:10 PM »

Bill:

Now that runs very well indeed. I think you've earned your experts badge in using the
vector processor . I haven't used it in some time so what you've done here is far in excess
of what even I am capable of in there. That thing seems to run perfectly .

Art

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: