GearHeads Corner
August 08, 2020, 12:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a recommendation for a good but low cost 3D printer?  (Read 517 times)
Dan Mauch

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

My son is looking for 3D printer with a  work space of about 10"X10" and recommend ations out there?
Mooselake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »

Ender 3 Pro, around $200.   There's a newer model for pre-order but it's more expensive, The Ender 3 V2.  quieter motor drivers (TMC2209 iirc), bigger display, included glass print bed with some fancy better-sticker coating, minor mechanica l changes (rarely used belt tension screw, manual filament advance knob (for those who's thumbs are too weak to hold the lever and push, added drawer, repositio ned power supply, etc).  Check that out and see what you think of it too.  It's not as good as a tricked out i3 MK3s with the MMU, but the Prusa isn't 5x as good for it's 5x price.  Plus when he gets to where he needs that he'll want more than one printer.

I have an E3P and am quite happy with it.  Needed something for the southern mooselake manor to keep the 3018 dinky router company during the avoiding snow shoveling season (and last summer while recoverin g from knee surgery in a no-stairs house).  Only mod was replacing it's stock plastic extruder with an aluminum dual gear model, and some stouter bed adjusting springs (no alien probing with this model, needs the occasiona l 15 second recheck).  Neither totally necessary, but only cost about 20 bucks.  Some day I'll probably drop an SKS E3 mini control board in it, 32 bit arm CPU and TMC drivers, but not in a rush.

Kirk
Dan Mauch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 04:37:49 PM »

Thanks. That was helpful.
Dan mauch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: