GearHeads Corner
June 18, 2018, 11:21:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to scale print image  (Read 43 times)
.RC.

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2018, 02:49:46 AM »

I am having to make a 16/32 30 PA spline to fit a steering motor.

I have managed to draw it OK in Gearotic and just need to grind up a fly cutter (I have no CNC milling machine)

I have an optical comparato r at my disposal, so my plan was to print out a 1000% enlarged image on a transpare ncy as the comparato r has 10X magnifica tion and use that to assist in grinding the tool.

Is it possible to enlarge the image within Gearotic then print or do I need to use a third party software?
ArtF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 05:48:26 AM »

Hi:

You can save the gear in Gearotic as a DXF, this will then have the tool shape in it,
it can then be loaded into Vexx, and using the scale tool, you can scale to 1000% ,
resave it as a dxf and use any dxf printing routine to print it. Gearotics print will
always try to print at 1:1 scale, so theres no way to do it locally without a separate
program that can print a dxf.

Art
.RC.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 05:57:53 AM »

Thanks Art.  It is a fantastic program you have created.  I did 3D print out a model of the spline and it fitted perfectly .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: